Casualty at Steps and Maiinit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Divers... have you heard of the two incident that happened in less than two weeks apart?

deaths, come in waves.....

the last time there were 3 in a row.

yes people do die scuba diving it's a statistic (quotable quotes from a diving doc) :D to add more to it, it goes , its not a matter of who, but when.... :popcorn:

Hello PPD... i read the link... sorry guys but i have no idea... just rumors... being a new diver i just want to learn from what happened so atleast it will help me not to get into such situation or if ever accidentaly I got into such i'm prepared... thanks for the welcome...

Learnig from the mistakes of others is often a good way to learn. Dwelling on these two incidents, however, will not produce as much knowlege as continuing your diving education. Each course is designed based on the experiences of many divers over many years.
The tradgedies of the past few weeks will be added to the body of knowlege for course material for future divers.

umm.. what incident? can someone fill in the clueless?
the first incident was a couple weeks ago after a discover scuba course. It involved a teenage boy.

The second incident was last weekend and happened at mainit point. Not much is known except that it involved sharing air with the DM.

The Yahoo diversions group has some speculations, but no official accident reports have been released yet for either incident (ie around here we're not so much into speculating incidents unless you have all the facts out).

here is a tip for safe diving.

at any point in dive (eary in the dive hopefully) if you do not think the dive is right for you , ABORT safely !!!

tips for aborting without being condemed :

how to Safely Abort From Every (SAFE) dive without fear of retribution from dive buddies.

1. can't equalize (the best and uncontestable)
2. headache
3. tummy ache
4. tooth ache

here is a tip for safe diving.

at any point in dive (eary in the dive hopefully) if you do not think the dive is right for you , ABORT safely !!!

tips for aborting without being condemed :

how to Safely Abort From Every (SAFE) dive without fear of retribution from dive buddies.

1. can't equalize (the best and uncontestable)
2. headache
3. tummy ache
4. tooth ache
you will notice "i need to go wee-wee" is not a valid abort excuse...

you may ask maggie tips on how to solve that...

Jag

Funny thing on the "wee-wee"......
Last week one of DIVEMASTER CANDIDATES (yes, he did graduate) was performing his demonstration task for me when he suddenly doubled over as if he were about blow chunks.....he grabbed his stomach, using his hands said "one second please", proceeded to go over to a rock, act as if he were going to sit down, squatted in a hover, proceeded to evacuate his very loose bowels (oh yeah), came back to my position finished his demonstration task and got a 4. Now, I thought I had seen it all.......I was laughing my ass off all the way back to the beach. Great guy, super student, the obud manok just didn't agree with him.

Last edited:
deaths, come in waves.....

the last time there were 3 in a row.

yes people do die scuba diving it's a statistic (quotable quotes from a diving doc) :D to add more to it, it goes , its not a matter of who, but when.... :popcorn:

awwww, scaring new divers again, lolo pao! :p

Last week one of DIVEMASTER CANDIDATES (yes, he did graduate) was performing his demonstration task for me when he suddenly doubled over as if he were about blow chunks.....he grabbed his stomach, using his hands said "one second please", proceeded to go over to a rock, act as if he were going to sit down, squatted in a hover, proceeded to evacuate his very loose bowels (oh yeah), came back to my position finished his demonstration task and got a 4. Now, I thought I had seen it all.......I was laughing my ass off all the way back to the beach. Great guy, super student, the obud manok just didn't agree with him.
so he stripped off his wetsuit and bc and all? and if he was sitting and the "ubod manok" remnants floats upwards...

ummmmmmmm... :l::l::l::l::l:

Jag

i remember a story my dive instructor told me. he was diving and decided to take a dump. he was wearing board shorts so it was convenient. problem was, he didnt take the current into account. so there he was, practically swimming in his own poop and the fish were eating it up. lets just say he didn't touch the fish served for lunch at aquaV :rofl3:

dennis

Back
Top Bottom