Catalina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sessions

Contributor
Reaction score
1st time on this one.....My buddy and I are at the west end of Catalina, nearly every weekend. We have found some Awesome hiding spots for great hunting....(Big Bugs)....We are always looking for fun people to go with us. Drop a line!

Welcome! You'll like it here, this is the most informative place to go for SCUBA on the internet. Whether you want info, humor, or spirited debate, (or sometimes all three at once!), this is the place!

I'll see ya during lobster season!

Oh, and when you fill out your profile, flex those humor muscles!

TJ

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Glad to see ScubaBoard members gently responding to the lobster sightings and season. It amazes me that lobster, which are taken so frequently out here, have survived as well as they have. Wish the abalone had done the same (although yesterday I found FIVE abalone new to me and they were all within spawning distance!!!

Doc

Benvenuto a bordo!! :sharks:

jlyle:
I hope you know that lobster season runs from sometime in Oct - sometime in March. You're only scouting for the fall, right?
...just scouting until opening night!......great so far!

jlyle:
I hope you know that lobster season runs from sometime in Oct - sometime in March. You're only scouting for the fall, right?
I'm dying to find a nice local but rocky area to do some hunting....w/out having to always put the boat in the water.......know of any local beaches that have such areas with any visability??

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

We're all about the fun. :crafty:

Christian

sessions:
I'm dying to find a nice local but rocky area to do some hunting....w/out having to always put the boat in the water.......know of any local beaches that have such areas with any visability??

Laguna Beach or Malaga Cove can be productive from shore. Further north, there are lobsters at Pt. Dume and Malibu, but vis is lower; BTW low vis makes lobsters stupid and easier to catch! :11ztongue

Back
Top Bottom