Cathedrals 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buknbull

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey gang.. the wife wants to dive cathedrals 2 in June.

can anyone help reccomend an operator that does this site regularly? also, of those that do it, do any of them have bigger AL 100 tanks?

thanks in advance.

I know Lahaina Divers does the Cathedrals regularly, although I don't know that they do one or the other more often. They provide smaller tanks, but Al100s are available on request, at an extra charge.

Last Christmas;07' we used Lahania divers to visit the cathedral's. Really nice folks, you wont really need larger tanks than whats supplied, their on a schedule when they travel off Lanai so you will need to stay close to the DM; unless she gives you a kitchen pass!
Menpachi cave and all that...saw a cool slipper Lobster inside that lava tube cave. That was fun! We also used them for a Molokini back wall dive too. They keep it shallow now but you dont need to go to 125' to see what can be found around 90'. Love that water; have fun!

Best regards, Kirk Hamblen

Extended Horizons goes to Lanai daily.... they are a very good operator... Maggi

Maui Dive Shop (Not Maui Divers) goes to the Cathedrals twice a week and they normally use AL80s. You can ask about 100s, but I'm not sure what will come of it.

Last edited:
If you are a more experienced diver, you may be happier with Extended horizons, plus as a smaller boat you can let them know ahead of time that you want to do Cathedral 2... The other shops listed do a good job too, but tend to cater to newer divers. Though I gotta say that LD has a beautiful boat ...

Cathedrals 2 is way more affected by current, so in my opinion pressuring the crew to take you there may end up causing a stressful dive for the entire boatload. Nearly every trip to Lanai includes one of the Cathedrals. My recommendation would be to book consecutive days with the same op and take what they give you; they should want you to have the best dives possible so you will tip BIG! If you went with Extended Horizons they have larger tanks available on request and you really would not have to say anything as they would take you to both Cathedrals if at all possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom