Cato's Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroxSam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I saw where access to BHB may become more challenging due to the upcoming construction project. Has anyone dived Cato's Bridge, aka South Jupiter Island Bridge? Saw a couple videos on Youtube, and it looked pretty cool.

It's decent for snorkeling but I wouldn't consider it a good scuba dive site. The area where you would be able to dive is very small and it's really just a handful of bridge pilings. More fun to free dive it in my opinion. It also gets super crowded during the weekends.

I can't imagine it's really an alternative to the bridge. Maybe for 1 dive just to say you've done it, which I haven't bothered doing.

It's decent for snorkeling but I wouldn't consider it a good scuba dive site. The area where you would be able to dive is very small and it's really just a handful of bridge pilings. More fun to free dive it in my opinion. It also gets super crowded during the weekends.
In Florida, everything gets super crowded during the weekends.

In Florida, everything gets super crowded during the weekends.
... and the 3-4 weeks of spring breaks and holiday weeks (Thanksgiving week, Christmas-New Years week)

Ok thanks.😀

.. The area where you would be able to dive is very small
Since they have also closed the main US1 bridge in Jupiter too for 15 months, might be able to sneak in a dive near there. LOL !!

Since they have also closed the main US1 bridge in Jupiter too for 15 months, might be able to sneak in a dive near there. LOL !!

Oooohhhhh!!!! That might be fun!

... and the 3-4 weeks of spring breaks and holiday weeks (Thanksgiving week, Christmas-New Years week)
Probably, hurricanes are the only exception. But then the highways get crowded.

Is this the bridge next to the lighthouse?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom