Cave class report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last I heard, he was teaching / mapping caves in the Yucatan, but that was a long time ago. He is truly an awesome dude and I am honored to have been one of his students. Given his passion for both caves and teaching, I hope he is alive, well, and still introducing folks to the awesome beauty of the underwater cave.

Last I heard, he was teaching / mapping caves in the Yucatan, but that was a long time ago. He is truly an awesome dude and I am honored to have been one of his students. Given his passion for both caves and teaching, I hope he is alive, well, and still introducing folks to the awesome beauty of the underwater cave.
Yes, I remember you excitement about taking courses with him way back, you introduced his name to me then.

For those, like me, who love Little River, here is an image of the snow / ice covered entrance to Little River.

View attachment 778175

I described this event from my Cave Certification class at

I have nothing but praise for Steve Gerrard and the Florida Cave Community from this 1989 event.

I moved up to Gainesville for school from Miami in July 1989. That was my first winter here, it snowed several inches (my recollection was 3-4") on Dec 23rd. I-75 was closed from Ocala to Georgia because of a lack of snow plows and salt trucks, JAX airport was closed due to a lack of de-icing equipment. It was a crazy winter.

I moved up to Gainesville for school from Miami in July 1989. That was my first winter here, it snowed several inches (my recollection was 3-4") on Dec 23rd. I-75 was closed from Ocala to Georgia because of a lack of snow plows and salt trucks, JAX airport was closed due to a lack of de-icing equipment. It was a crazy winter.
1989 was a crazy weather year. It snowed in the Central Valley in CA on Christmas Day.

"I remember the good ole days when I had to walk 3 miles in the snow with flip flops to get to school. You kids have it easy with your ubers and bird scooters."

"I remember the good ole days when I had to walk 3 miles in the snow with flip flops to get to school. You kids have it easy with your ubers and bird scooters."
You forgot uphill both ways (g) and who had flip flops ... it was barefoot all the way

Up hill both ways! Now get the hell off my front lawn!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom