Cave diving in ontario!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike...sounds like it will take oh, lets see, 4 tanks maximum to find the cave on a scouting expedition. One team of divers at 35' and another team at 45' heading north along the wall from the plaque.
:bounce:pick me pick me....
Randy...

I've been to Bon Echo several times.
If you don't have a boat you need a dolly or two wheeled cart to haul your gear down to the look out.

I'm short on time right now.
I' off to England on business this week.
The Tam Dive treasure hunt is in Tobermory 26, 27 Oct
and I've got open water dives Nov 7, 14 weekends.
and my anniversay is Nov 20

So much to do
So little time.

I'll be sure to post it "weight_for me"

Oh and steve " think PINK"

Mike D

Why would you want to dive in Ontario caves or what you call caves, are nothing more than little sink holes which you need to be as thin as paper to get through.

So is the oputunity to get killed.

Bowson once bubbled...
So is the oputunity to get killed.
hmmm...I guess you meant "opportunity" but, as we've seen, that can happen in the parking lot of Home Depot (with apologies and condolances). Thats why we have "training" and "buddies" and ..well, you get my drift.
Randy...

My understanding is that cave rock formations in Ontario are very fragile loose and easly disturbed, the passage ways are narrow and at times may cave in when penetrating and this alone is one good reason to stay out of these sink holes as they are not strong lime stone/coral structures as you would frind in and around Florida.

You may want to check out this site to see exactly what Bon Echo is all about http://www.ontarioparks.com/bone.html
100 metres high and (supposedly) 3x that deep of pure, solid granite. Tour boats cruise the face of the cliff looking at the ancient(?) native carvings in the rock. Climbers use the face as shown at http://impressive.net/people/gerald/2002/08/bon-echo.html
More pics are on line....search Google for Bon Echo.
Randy...

hey everyone. I have some info for you about cave diving that i think all of you would be interested in!

We have a organization that pertains to scuba, caving, climbing...so on. We are not trying to solicitate, but we are free if interested in memberships. we currently have 10 scuba members.
Anyway, about the caves....
There are 2 major cave systems in Ontario that we currently have under wraps while we map them. One is half dry / half wet and the second is fully underwater. So far it is the longest underwater cave in Canada. There are about 5 miles of passage that is large, debris free and clean clear visibility. We would love to have some more divers to help with this project. If any of you are interested in caving at this cave or any others, we would love to hear from you.

You can reach us at rockreations@hotmail.com and see our website at www.rockreations.net

Hope you may be interested.

Play safe.

James.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom