Cave Recon / Exploration Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Edmonston

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Guys,

I had a little time last night, so I put together a video of different caves and systems that we dove in the Bahamas during our 2006 cave exploration Documentary shoot.

I have a HIREZ version that I can put on FTP is anyone's interested.

The scooter shot at the end, is entering a sea cave against the outgoing tide. Very similar to the Eye at Ginnie. High FLoooooooooooowww....

Other than the blue hole, The names of the caves and systems shall remain secret. I don't want anyone going down there, and sidemounting through a hole at 340' and destroying it. :shakehead: Oh, and I left the maps out because some people just can't deal with stick drawings on videos! ( You know who you are!! :D)

For everyone else,

Enjoy..
YouTube - Cave Recon Expedition and Archaeological Research

Beautiful clear video. I particularly enjoyed the clip of the bubbles coming up through the stone, since that was such an engaging surprise when we were at Ginnie.

You can sure see the flow in that scooter clip!

Very nice...
Thanks...
Looking at that cave you realize that sea level was way above where it is now for the coral and other calciferous critters to build the rock where the cave is - and for a very long time... and then it had to drop way below where it is now for the caves to form and get decorated - for a very long time, and then it had to rise again to put the caves back under water.
All without our help!
Imagine that.
:)
Rick

Awesome footage! I think I need to get me a plane ticket:D

Butch

Hi Everyone,

I regret to inform you that I have had to pull the video temporarely, while I work out some of the details specific to certain shots. I will repost it once these changes are finalized.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I managed to see it before it was torn down, very neat.

Hi Everyone,

I regret to inform you that I have had to pull the video temporarely, while I work out some of the details specific to certain shots. I will repost it once these changes are finalized.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
I take it my lawyer got in touch with you then. :shakehead:

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom