Cavern course March 14-15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorely tempted pending work etc.

Hoping to polish up a couple of skills this weekend (valve drills, air sharing, abandon/recover stage). If I feel I'm ready for it, are doubles and dry suit appropriate gear or is it best done in a single? If so, is an H valve a requirement?

My suggestion is if you don't have a lot of time in doubles, then don't rush it. A single tank is fine. An H valve is not a requirement for cavern. I do require a long hose though for the OOA drills. Typically, in a cavern environment, you're close enough to the entrance/surface that you wouldn't necessarily be shutting down your valves. You're more likely to just head for the surface. Wet suit or dry suit is fine. I won't know what I'm wearing until I see what the air temps are like that weekend. :D

Let me know soon. The class starts in 2 weeks and there is reading/preparation to be done prior to class.

My suggestion is if you don't have a lot of time in doubles, then don't rush it. A single tank is fine. An H valve is not a requirement for cavern. I do require a long hose though for the OOA drills. Typically, in a cavern environment, you're close enough to the entrance/surface that you wouldn't necessarily be shutting down your valves. You're more likely to just head for the surface. Wet suit or dry suit is fine. I won't know what I'm wearing until I see what the air temps are like that weekend. :D

Let me know soon. The class starts in 2 weeks and there is reading/preparation to be done prior to class.

I have about 60 dives in my doubles and 30 with a dry suit. but only a handful on my new extra buoyant one :D I'm going to have to pass this time, just too much going on.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom