Cavern Diving, Mayan Riviera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gorgeous photography! I wish I had a copy of the refraction in Taj Maha -- I was lucky enough to dive at the right time to get to see that, when I did my original cavern tours three years ago.

I have been a return diver to Cozumel and never pass a chance to go to Playa and do a cenote. Playa Scuba Center is the shop I will return to. Klaus picked me up at the pier and his laid back personal demeanor was outstanding. Randy

We got back a few weeks ago from Riviera Maya. We had originally contacted "Steve the cave diver" to guide us but he was out of town and he recommended Natalie Gibb as a guide for cenote diving. Great recommendation!

There were three of us, and she gave us a very detailed briefing at a coffee shop in Puerto Aventuras. Then we headed out to Ponderosa cenote. One of our group had not dove in a cenote before, and Natalie was very good and making sure everything was perfect for her. 56 minute dive. We had a great lunch of tasty sandwiches, then went to Taj Mahal cenote. Another great dive, 62 minutes. Natalie is one of the most safety-conscious guide I have dove with. A real pleasure.

Included in the price of $100 per person were lunch, 2 dives, all tanks, all entry fees and we even borrowed a piece or two of her equipment. Very reasonable and highly recommended. We had a rental car and followed her truck to the places, so I don't know what she does with divers that do not have transportation. I'd dive with her again in a heartbeat.

Natalie contact info: (984) 137 4837, CENOTELAND Dive Mexico's caverns and caves or Natalie L Gibb - Scuba Diving Guide for About.com (she writes a blog there), email is: gnatgnatgnat AT hotmail

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom