Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LemonWall NorthWall.jpg

Lemon Wall on the North Wall Grand Cayman, yesterday!

Great shots, gang. Keep 'em coming. They are really appreciated.

hh.I guess this would be considered 'post blow out'......Cayman Mariner, CB Sept 2011.....

7812114756_18f62d8e5f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and.....colorful gunwale of the Mariner...

7812133610_4105835125.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WOW! You must have caught this one sleeping!!! I can't get close enough to them

This was a first (and only)! Happened to be shooting macro and looked up and there she was. :D One of the reasons I love my 100mm lens!

---------- Post Merged at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Okay, so I'm a few hours ahead of schedule. :wink:

194b029d.jpg

@diver85 ... oh yeah, that's "post blow out". I don't remember exactly when the Cayman Mariner had its bow ripped off ... might have been Hurricane Paloma in '08? Several years prior to that, the superstructure had collapsed down. Another "Chronology Project" opportunity.

- -

Here's another oldie...
IIRC, this was from one of my earliest rolls of film, back in 1991. This was my first year shooting my Nikonos.
IMO, a lot of credit goes to Aileen Kane, for teaching me how to use the gear, and UW composition.

1/60sec @ f/22, ISO 100 slide film (probably Fuji)
35mm lens with a 2:1 macro tube & "goalpost" framer (remember those?)
scorpionfish91.jpg

Location: somewhere on the Brac, probably a northside shallow reef such as Snapper Reef, Grunt Valley, etc.

And given how long scorpionfish live, this one's probably still around and now about a foot long.

-hh

Under the bow of the Tibbetts....

7805415134_830251997b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A picture I took of Sylvie at the bow of the Kittywake. Oly-Sp350 w/2 UXDS-1 at max power (ya, I need better strobes)

Edited pic for WB, not from the raw, just the exported jpg.
sylvie.kittywake-1.jpg

sylvie.kittywake.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom