Question CCR Support/Recommendations on Maui, Kauai, or Big Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azstinger11

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

Starting to plan a potential vacation in April of 2023 but doing some research now. One destination that works for the family are the Hawaiian islands. We were relatively recently in Oahu, so not likely to make that the next trip but the other major islands are open for consideration. We (wife and I) are looking for dive operators where we can take our CCRs and build some hours ( we would just be diving air, and not doing deco dives). I have found some older threads and some older websites but hard to be sure what survived COVID and is still operating. Ideally looking for operators with 3L tank rentals, sorb available for sale, and the ability to fill O2 tanks. In theory only the last one is mandatory as we could bring the rest. Normally we are pretty self sufficient when it comes to planning our dive trips, but CCR support is newer to us, so figure we'd ask the hive mind. Any info would be appreciated!

For DiveVibe, Zack is the technical instructor for Jack's Diving Locker. Been diving CCR there the last several years over the Christmas holidays and they are basically the only ones on island doing support without a lot of hassle. I dive a P2, so if I need over 7 fills, it's better to just buy the keg.

KDC has some contacts, but you can't dive the boat without instructor. If you can do one of the trips south, there's some nice spots like Au-Au Crater or Henry's Cave.

Jacks has sorb, and 3L steel in-line bottles, and several of the staff are CCR certified (ask for Joe). Even though I'm usually the only CCR on the boat, I've never had issues, and tend to do full 80-min dives. DM's are pretty good with you joining a different group once your DM needs to head up. No-deco rules apply though. Never been on-island with enough CCRs to get our own boat, need about 6 to do a custom CCR boat.

It looks more and more like Maui is the destination. I tried calling and emailing silent o solutions but haven't been able to reach them. Does anyone have any other leads for Maui?

It looks more and more like Maui is the destination. I tried calling and emailing silent o solutions but haven't been able to reach them. Does anyone have any other leads for Maui?
I would suggest asking on the Maui Mantas FB group. I think there are a couple people that are into rebreathers there.

Back
Top Bottom