Celebrities who dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because he can't sign autographs underwater, of course. Really, I'm quite sure that's one of the reasons he took it up. He dives with good friend Mark O'Meara and caddy Steve Williams. A day of diving and golfing with Tiger is tough to beat fantasy-wise.

Regarding astronauts diving--these days they all dive (not sure about recreational diving but I'd assume so), as naturally the UW environment nicely simulates the weightlessness they'll be experiencing in orbit.

You guys forgot Arnie! The good governor of California is an avid diver. So is Jessie "The Body" Ventura.

NetDoc:
You guys forgot Arnie! The good governor of California is an avid diver. So is Jessie "The Body" Ventura.

Hmmm. I sense a "Predator" movie connection. Wonder if Carl Weathers dives....

Also believe that the eternal teenager, Jimmy Buffet is a certified diver. Just not sure what type of gas is in his tanks... :crafty:

My "DIVE BUDDY" during class was the owner of a golf course. he was taking the class so he could retrieve lost balls and do minor repairs to the man made bodies of water on the course without draining them. Guess the waterlogged golf ball business is big stuff.

drbill:
Hmmm... wonder if Tiger got into diving to recover balls from the water hazards? Seriously, that adds an additional measure of respect for the guy... a diver too!!!

Dr. Bill

Alan White the drummer from Yes is a diver.

Former Governor Jesse was a SEAL so he could probably dive circles around most!

Here are a couple from the world of music:

Mick Jagger--didn't know this until just lately.

Keith Emerson--this guy is apparently as fluent a diver as he is a keyboardist.

And just a little advance warning...yours truly, as a member of the band Floorian , appears on a just-released CD on Bomp! Records. If it takes off, remember, you knew me from here. :)

cheers

Billy S.

I saw a picture of Laura Linney with a hand-written "thank you" in a local dive shop (Pittsburgh). I think she trained there for Mothman Prophecies.

Back
Top Bottom