Certification Dives While in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If a dive shop told me I had to wait for an April/May class and didn't point out that one on one instruction is available
It might be difficult to find someone to schedule even private instruction in the next 8 days.
We dont fly into florida untill saturday and the cruise leaves on sunday
And they seem to have the preliminary work covered.
We will have all of the pool dives complete, and our book work finished prior to a trip on April 6, 2011 to Roatan.

Then it will be diving in the tropics for the cert dives. Enjoy and welcome to the underwater world. My ex did a warm water referral in Honduras and became a certified diver, you two will also :)

I live in Northern Indiana.....there is still ice on a few of the lakes..the dont OW here till late april/may

You and your wife arrive in Miami two days early, complete your 4 certification dives with a Ft Laudadal dive op, then book your dives on your trip. Belize and Roatan are beautiful dive spots with great dive ops. As a reminder, you cannot complete all 4 cert dives in one day. Most you can complete in one day is three.

Enjoy your trip.

We at Native Sons dive shop, in West End, would be happy to do 2 of your certification dives. We take students out on the reef proper so you will see plenty of cool stuff. If you do OW 1 & 2 with us there are no exercises to do on the first dive and we change our dive times to accommodate cruise ship passengers. Contact us through our website and I can give you all the details.

We at Native Sons dive shop, in West End, would be happy to do 2 of your certification dives. We take students out on the reef proper so you will see plenty of cool stuff. If you do OW 1 & 2 with us there are no exercises to do on the first dive and we change our dive times to accommodate cruise ship passengers. Contact us through our website and I can give you all the details.

I can vouch for the Native Sons... We used them when we arrived by Cruise Ship diving the West/NorthWest and enjoyed that side of the island... We went out with Alvin and have nothing but good things to say about this operation!

Native Sons Diving - Inroducing The Owners - Journeys Through a Blue World

One word of warning regarding Carnival and Mahogany Bay... They try and keep you there as a captive audience since they are in the middle of not much...

Heard of Roatan's Mahogany Bay? It's the Latest Private Beach/Fake Village Built by a Cruise Line on Arthur Frommer's Blog - Travel News & Advice | Frommer's

The cabs that come to pick up pay a fee to do so... We had someone arrange a cab for us and we walked out the gate to catch it... The cost of cabs will run 40-60 dollars and they will pick you up and return you (included in the cost.) If you walk outside the gate (not to far) you will find many cabs and they can bring you all the way back to drop off. I just did not like the idea of Carnival charging a fee to pick up folks... But then, I have issues with Carnival...!

Enjoy your trip as thats what its for!!! lee

I wish I would have gotten this post a few days earlier. We booked with Subway Watersports. We plan to come back to Roatan, and will loook up Native Sons for sure!

Well - what ever happened?

Hope it was a good experience.

Back
Top Bottom