Certified at Break Water Monterey; with picture...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations!

How do you like that Pinnacle suit? I got one myself, and it still has that "brand new" smell! :)

Since I've become addicted to this extreme sport, I keep all my new equipment in our guest room closet. My wife hasn't figured out why I spend so much time in that room and it's because I open the closet door and take two long deep breaths. This gives me a strong high on the Pinnacles smell...

I guess since I can't always be at the ocean diving, the next best thing is the Pinnacles drug scent; (the smell of new neoprene).... :wink:

But on a serious side, I have the heated torso and the hooded vest, boots and gloves that are all Merino linning. That gives me 7mm at the head 13mm at the chest, 10mm at the groin, 7mm in all extremeties, 4mm in hands, and 6mm for feet.

I've dove down to 65 ft with two of my dive buddies and was really warm and comfortable; the gloves were just a tad cool but not uncomfortable. The water temp that day was about 50 degrees at that depth.

One of our dive buddies dives an old Henderson that is hyperstrecth and he said he was shivering at that depth, but then again he's really skinny.

My other dive buddy dives a Pinnacles Cruiser with just hood and was also very comfortable but he's a lot bigger than me as you can see from the picture.

I also mentioned to my buddy that when I'm under water and I shift my body at a good angle I will feel and I kid you not, really warm water that my body has heated, shift from my buttocks to my side, and I do not get any water rushing in to replace that. It's really wierd, I do have to shift at an angle to get that movement but I thought I'd get cold water to rush in and I didn't.

It felt rather nice and odd at the same time, it goes to show you how well that Merino linning does trap and warm water.

I love this suit especially how comfortable it is to don and doff and move all around in the water, I have complete flexibility. I almost got the Polar but when I couldn't move around in it and I had a really hard time donning and doffing I told the LDS send it back and went with the ME-7.

MG

I'm so jealous. I used to live in Monterey and sometimes wish I'd been into diving when I was there. I will go back someday. It's one of my favorite places on earth. Congrats on your cert!

Mike,
Very cool picture! I can't believe how calm the water is. When I was certified there (a few days earlier than you) there was a lot of surf. I ended up rolling around in it, when trying to get out and fell lol...Looks like you got some cool gear too. I'm still shopping around for mine. I did decide on the Pinnacle wetsuit though. I wore one for my OW dives and loved it! I only wore a 7mm and a hoodie, with boots and gloves, and was fine. Though we didn't go too deep. 20-30 feet. I even ended up taking the gloves off after the first dive. It's a great suit and I'm sold on it.

I got my c-card today too. Woohoo! Now I need to get to diving again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom