Certified OW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olivia Chillia

Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! I completed my open water certification. The part I thought would be scariest (the controlled emergency swimming ascent) was the easiest. The under water compass navigation turned out to be a little scary. The water was murky and cold. But I got where I needed to be and I got back without help, so that turned out fine.

We're doing a fun dive tomorrow in preparation for the advanced open water course this weekend. DH wants to go to 60 ft. :shakehead The deepest I've ever been is 35 feet. I do believe I'll be consulting with the dive master on this one.

Congrats and Welcome to the board..

Congrats! My last dive on my OW cert was to 62' my buddy dropped to 69'. We were pysched as hell to go down there but we were in Dutch Springs and man that 60ish water felt like it was in the 30's!!!

rhyz, I feel you on that water temp. 60 F has never felt so cold!

We spent quite awhile on the platform waiting for other students to complete their skills, so it got to feeling real cold. I discovered while playing with buoyancy that if I stood on the rail of the platform, my torso was in warmer water, which was nice. And the boys we were diving with (14 and 16 about) entertained us by playing Matrix. I've got to learn the sign for laughing since really laughing underwater tends to be uncomfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom