Certified Yesterday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CeJae

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone!
Just completed my course yesterday. Looking forward to a future of recreational diving! Been reading this site for a few weeks now. Lot's of great information provided here. I didn't want to post until I completed my certification. For some reason, I thought I would jinx myself. But I made it!
Our class was fun and a little unique, as we all work at a wildlife facility/theme park. We had our CW training in a dolphin pool, as they were confined to an adjoining pool. They loved watching us. Must have been like tv for them lol.
The class was concluded in Monterey for our OW dives. I was a little nervous about the ocean at first. Lots of Sea Lions and Otters around. Someone mentioned it was shark feeding time!:no Visibility was only 4 feet with a lot of surge. I found myself more comfortable at the bottom than at the surface - it was rough. We all hung onto a rope anchored at the bottom, while performing our drills so we didn't separate. It was challenging at times, but we all made it! Shore diving was difficult for me as I'm out of shape lol. My instructor told me to keep diving to build up strength walking to and from the water. (I did the girlie thing and fell a couple of times trying to get out of the surf - I'm sure someone in the general public took videos of that, probably on youtube by now, as that must have been a hysterical sight!) He also told me he'd give me a list of boat captains names. (lol) On the last dive yesterday, I made it out of the surf without falling and everyone applauded. It was a proud moment for me!
I'm now shopping around for gear, looking up boat captains and taking a Motrin. :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so awesome that you passed and everything. Sounds like you did your OW dives in some rough waters. I just recently got certified a few weeks ago and it was so much fun and rewarding once it was over. So far I bought the BC, fins, snorkel, booties, and mask but that's it. Next is the regulator, gauges, and wetsuit! Again, congratulations on your success!!

Congratulations!! Now go dive,sleep,repeat as necessary!

(I did the girlie thing and fell a couple of times trying to get out of the surf - I'm sure someone in the general public took videos of that, probably on youtube by now, as that must have been a hysterical sight!)
First of all, Congrats. Weclome to Scubaboard as well.

I guess I have done the "girlie" thing as you call it many times. And I am not a girl. No shame in it I do not think. Just part of diving in rough conditions.

Congrats!! I'm about half way through my OW course. Can't wait to get my C-card!!!! Enjoy and dive safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom