Chalk Bluff - recent visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see him now :)

That's not too far from Concan... the family used to spend lots of time there when I was a kid.
We still go down there to hunt for cool rocks :D

We also bring back that crazy parasite moss that grows on everything there and use it to decorate rocks and plantings. The stuff dies as soon as we get home but years later it still looks alive.

hsnowden:
I've thought about diving out there. What was the deepest you found out there?

Right there around the park I've not found anything deeper than 9-10 ft. Pretty shallow but the viz, the abundance of fish life, and the never ending air supply at that depth made for some fun dives. There were even more fish out on the night dives.

About 15 miles up the highway is Nueces Lake ( a damned up portion of the river). It supposed to be 20 ft deep and just as clear. You can only access it through a County run park and the deep water is on the far side of the river/lake. I took a recon trip out to take a look topside and wasn't real impressed but will probably try and get back to dive it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom