Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If 79% omicron cases are in the vaccinated, what is the current vaccination rate?
By the way, that 79% number came from 34 cases during the first week of December. The more current data do not support that early look. The CDC now says, based on over 400k cases from Los Angeles county,
1645813799527.png

By the way, that 79% number came from 34 cases during the first week of December. The more current data do not support that early look. The CDC now says, based on over 400k cases from Los Angeles county, View attachment 709128
Well....53.2+13.3=66.5% - that was close, lucky it wasn't 66.6% or that might scare some people:eek::rocker:

To me at first glance those number actually looks worse from the earlier numbers since the percentage stayed high in a much large sample of 400k cases out in the wide open...

But numbers shmumbers as it means almost nothing since there are many other variables like vaccination rate, age, sample size, date range.....ect..

Anyhoo... the previous point was-
It seems that currently the vaccinated public also have high transmission rates. Which to me is why I find it laughable when places only test the unvaccinated, if they are testing it should be everyone.

By the way, that 79% number came from 34 cases during the first week of December. The more current data do not support that early look. The CDC now says, based on over 400k cases from Los Angeles county,

Shame on CDC for even putting out a number based on a paltry 34 cases.

CDC is easing mask recommendations as well. Seems most places will no longer need them.

Shame on CDC for even putting out a number based on a paltry 34 cases.
I believe it was from when Omicron was just hitting the fan, so not much data. From the data that tursiops linked it only dropped 12.5% over 400k cases.

What's a shame to me is when they have data and ..........well.....

CDC is easing mask recommendations as well. Seems most places will no longer need them.
I hate that. I'll keep wearing mine, in assorted colors.

I hate that. I'll keep wearing mine, in assorted colors.

They have been gone for I think almost a year where I live. It was weird going to costco the first time after it was lifted. But it didn't take long for it to seem normal again.

I don't mind being the only one masked. I rotated four Vaxed Ts all last summer...

Vac T1.jpg

I don't mind being the only one for a lot of things and I have definitely enjoyed living in a more relaxed area.

I see that Safetravels for Hawaii is looking like it will be removed soon, along with the silly papers requirement to go out to eat.

Hopefully we might not even need inbound tests soon going back to the states.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom