Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flew multiple flights last weekend getting home. Most of the hardcore hall monitor FA crap seems to have ceased. The vast majority of the passengers did reasonably comply with the mask rule but when eating or drinking the FA's seemed be less in your face if you were slow or forgot to re-mask, a polite reminder was stated and folks complied without the 'ala Cartman, you will respect my authoritie' stuff. In the airports late at night with the stranded passengers they would self isolate from others and drop the masks, without others getting in their face. Everyone seems to want to get behind the silly crap and go back to normal.

I had a lady next to me the last flight I was on that didn't wear her mask 90% of the time. The flight crew said and did nothing. Same with the lollipop gang...
That other people ignore the rules, including FAs who understandably don't want to stir up conflict by playing enforcer, is totally irrelevant. Are you trying to make a point that it's okay to flout the rules because others do?

That other people ignore the rules, including FAs who understandably don't want to stir up conflict by playing enforcer, is totally irrelevant. Are you trying to make a point that it's okay to flout the rules because others do?
Wasn't it clear that I was talking about other people?

I still comply and wear my mask but I'm ready for it to be gone. I absolutley won't hurry my drinks or speed up my eating to get it back on though:wink:

Come sit by me on a plane and I'll buy rounds all the way down.

Wearing a mask never has bothered me, especially since I got nylon frames to hold their shape, and I wish more wore them correctly. I like them required on planes. And I like test requirements before flying. I wish they were required both ways.

Ew no. Get rid all all these mandates already.

Ew no. Get rid all all these mandates already.
It's sad that mandates were ever needed. Wouldn't be nice to live in an America where people voluntarily wore masks indoors, got tests before flying anywhere, and got vaccinated. Too many won't tho so the pandemic continues.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Finally! A post that's back on topic! :yeahbaby:
After deleting a dozen or more bickering posts, we are taking this opportunity to remind you that there's an ENTIRE opt-in subforum where you can debate the reasonableness of COVID restrictions. Not here. Folks come to this thread for information, not debate.

I'm wondering if anyone who has flown recently, i.e within the last 1-2 weeks from Coz to the US actually been asked to show their vaccination card-either at the Coz airport when checking in, or when going through customs upon arrival in the US. Any of you know?

I know not within two weeks...but I dont recall being asked at either place in January. Whether you have a vax card or not you can fill out the paperwork online before you get to the airport.

The only thing that seems currently cared about is the test.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Finally! A post that's back on topic! :yeahbaby:
After deleting a dozen or more bickering posts, we are taking this opportunity to remind you that there's an ENTIRE opt-in subforum where you can debate the reasonableness of COVID restrictions. Not here. Folks come to this thread for information, not debate.
You still missed deleting a lot of posts, but I guess that's ok??. People are simply having a discussion and it shouldn't be able to be handpicked what is deemed acceptable or not depending on how someone views it. Threads almost always go slightly to completely off topic, yet often still relevant and back, but nothing is usually done. We were all still discussing Cozumel, covid testing and travel restrictions.

Just like being edited in a other thread for simply using the word ridiculous, this is ridiculous.

I'm wondering if anyone who has flown recently, i.e within the last 1-2 weeks from Coz to the US actually been asked to show their vaccination card-either at the Coz airport when checking in, or when going through customs upon arrival in the US. Any of you know?
I don't think vaxed-cards have ever been required in either direction.

United's Travel Ready Center states a requirement that you present results of a negative Covid test done the day before your flight AND proof of vaccination (or proof of recent recovery from Covid). I did not run into that in January when I flew from Cozumel back to the US. and don't know if it was a requirement then. All they wanted was to see proof of the test.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom