Channel Islands limited load photo trip going out Friday 11/13th - Tuesday 11/17th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gijoe703

Registered
Reaction score
[please forgive the cross posting from socal forum]

I'm booked on a trip with Truth Aquatics hosted by Bradley Photographic. We just learned last night that the trip may be cancelled because there aren't enough divers. Truth Aquatics needs 4 more divers. I don't want to see this trip cancelled, I've been looking forward to it for so long. I'm hoping to to get the word out because we only need 4 more divers. I've been on this trip before and I loved it. If you want to learn from experienced photographers or do you own thing, this is a great trip. The cost is $950, which includes all of your meals.

The boat leaves Santa Barbara at 10pm on Friday night. The Truth Aquatics boat are crew are great. They food is plentiful and delicious. They have Nitrox fills on board too. Call Bradley today if you want to join! 818-415-2767

Bradley Photographic & Wetpixel Underwater
Photography Expedition

November 14th - 17th

Veteran underwater cinematographer and fine art still photographer, Chuck Davis and the author of Creative Workflow in Lightroom and owner of Bradley Photographic, Jason Bradley have a great opportunity for all underwater photographers out there to join them on a fantastic workshop to the Southern Channel Islands.

This trip aims to inspire the underwater photographer to create tangible art, as the most important step of any photographers' workflow is still the print, not the post...
Unique chance to join a talented group of divers and share valuable photographic experiences... for more information, contact Bradley Photographic at 818-415-2767 and reserve your space aboard the Conception... just few spots left!

We just learned last night that the trip may be cancelled because there aren't enough divers. Truth Aquatics needs 4 more divers. I don't want to see this trip cancelled, I've been looking forward to it for so long.

Please keep us posted. I'm booked for a limited load Southern Channel Islands trip with them August 2016. When planning the trip, I saw the one I booked wasn't guaranteed to go out; looked to be fully a Truth Aquatics trip. A number of other trips were guaranteed to go (yellow on the calendar), but they tended to be at least partly chartered by a 3rd party, so I'm guessing in that cast Truth Aquatics knows they'll get enough money to make it worthwhile and can commit.

I'm curious as to when I should book airfare.

When planning the trip, I e-mailed about the risk of cancellation to a Truth Aquatics representative, and here's my question & his response:

2.) I assume it’s not yellowed ‘guaranteed to go’ (unlike the other posted trips) because it’s limited load (fewer paying customers). While there are no guarantees, any rough estimate as to how likely it is to go out? I’d need to put in for vacation time in advance, book airfare out of Nashville, TN, etc… A pretty good chunk of money to bet on the trip, basically.
This is one of our featured trips and that's the reason it's on our calendar this far in advance. We have been running this trip for many years and never had to cancel it due lack of participation. At least 13 passengers needed to guarantee trip.

So I take it this trip the OP is talking about, although limited load and 'hosted' (? not sure what that means) by Bradley Photographic, is different.

Good to know, since I've never been to California & have been studying the dive scene there trying to understand it.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom