Chasing Double Hose Answers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saberdyne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, after opening and reading many a post about the Phonix Nozzle/Fitting and the Kraken DH regs a couple of things stood out,
being on this forum I thought to put a number of open questions out there to obtain some up to date answers as many of the posts I have read start from 2006 up to 2020, if anyone has one or more answers to the questions below I would appreciate their input.

1. Is the Phoenix Device still in production?
If not any idea if it will be returning or if there may be a substitute?

2. Is the Kraken still in production?

3. The Store at Vintage Double Hose has (to me at least) been closed for some time?

Ta,
David

No, no, and Bryan passed away, and VDH was a single man operation.

There are hopes and minor rumblings, but in this day and age, it would take a lottery winner with nothing else to do to resurect it.

I have heard that some of the small manufacturers Bryan used are also no longer around.

Pandemic killed it...

There are some possibilities that the Phoenix nozzle may return. Visit The Scuba Museum. Not a sure deal.

The Pandemonium made the impossible more impossible. Many small companies just went away. And the passing of Bryan whose passion and determination and his willingness to put it all on the line, well, his dream was the critical element which cannot be replaced.

Time to time Kraken regulators and Phoenix converted regulators do come up for sale.

All things pass. Every dog has it's day.

Thank you Bob and Nemrod, truly sad to learn of Bryan's passing, covid has had a far more reaching
effect than anyone knows.
I have noticed the trend of many small business disappearing (not just the dive industry) taking a vast store of knowledge which they held.
I will keep an eye on the Scuba Museum site as this seems to be the the last man standing at the moment for our hobby!
Thanks again,

Dave.

Bryan passed from sepsis, not COVID. Rocked all our worlds....

COVID wrecked the small manufacturing industry as well as supply chain.

Honestly, the economy (lending institutions) is simply not favorable for small businesses. IIRC, Bryan had been saying it when we were asking about possibly getting a production run of things like the Phoenix and the HPR as things were tough even before the pandemic... Lots of money needed, and unfavorable interest rates.

I'd love someone to step in, but just don't see it. We think we are important, but the total volume of sales we generate are not enough for a successful business plan this day and age.

He really was someone special...

To be clear, I was not meaning to infer that Bryan passed from Covid. I did not even mention Covid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom