Closed Cheap Men's undergarment

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use REI fleece for water above 70F, not in the temps the OP mentioned. Brrr. I guess it depends on one's cold tolerance.
REI fleece here as well for the “warmer” temps.

Base layer is muy importante. I like Smart Wool or Meriwool 250 thermal pants/shirt. I’ve used Coldproof and other fancy synthetic for base but the merino wool seems to work better. It also still insulates when it’s wet.

The DUI Duotherm 300 one piece undergarment should fit your temp range. I played around with mine in my pool when the water was 47°. I wasn’t toasty but I wasn’t cold. Like going for a walk in a shorts and t-shirt on a 55° sunny day. And that was with the Coldproof and not the wool baselayer, DUI advertises it for 45-65° waters. Would certainly be worth a look if you can find one on the used market.

I have a Hollis AUG450 top and bottom for sale if youre interested (same as the Fourth Element Arctic series). I'm 6ft 195 lbs and it fits me.

Decathlon is not so well known, but you can get good quality merino wool base layers for, in many cases, less money.

I have an unused pinnacle jumpsuit size medium. I put it up for sale a couple years ago and it never sold so it has been stored in the closet behind the sleeping bags and such. If you're interested I'd sell it at good price point.

Wool socks + good wicking base layer + fleece bottoms and tops from the thrift store layered as needed.

Really good merino wool base layers cost money but last a long time and can be used for other outdoor sports to help justify the purchase. Other warm wicking technical fabric base layers work fine if you need to save a buck but nothing beats heavyweight merino.

edit - I might have an unneeded size M heavy undergarment kicking around somewhere, PM me.

That or buy a used setup from someone, ewww
1/2 of my undergarments are used. No shame in that. I've never been with a virgin, that never bothered me either🤣🤣🤣

Nice, I'm able to see those there. How are they comfort wise for you and what is your insulation setup like? I'm trying to figure out what I might need for my temp range.
The 4E is different then Seaskin. 4E is very dense, almost like a thick sweater. It will require less air (or maybe a better way to say it is it holds air better) and be easier to vent. The Seaskin is thinsulate, very warm but not very dense. It'll "squish" underwater so you'll need to be better with keeping enough air in the suit and manipulating the valve more (at least that's my experience). The only time I add air is going down, I keep the valve open all the way throughout the dive and it vents automatically coming back up. I don't think I can do that with thinsulate.

Both are great, both are warm. I favor the 4E for stated reasons. I'm 5'11" and like 195#. A set of large works well on me (slightly tight). In 50° I'd wear my 4E Halo 3D (but could get away with Arctics), in 60° I'd wear my Arctics. My cold tolerance is zero, I hate the cold and am not built for it, but all my local diving is in the 40° so have to make do.

Good luck!

All, thank you so much for the contributions. I left this open for a bit to hear more and allow others searching for the same thing to find what they need! I'll send out some PM's soon :) thanks

All, thank you so much for the contributions. I left this open for a bit to hear more and allow others searching for the same thing to find what they need! I'll send out some PM's soon :) thanks
Open or closed means nothing other than being part of the title. We can continue here

Open or closed means nothing other than being part of the title. We can continue here
Like you have something better to do🙄

Back
Top Bottom