Check-in for divers in the path of the storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still in Dallas. I have to work around Texas this week, anyway, so decided to stay here rather than go home and have to come back out again.

Ike is now the buzz word in south Louisiana now! This is like the one two of Katrina and Rita! I hope this storm just dies out. Tim

Ike is now the buzz word in south Louisiana now! This is like the one two of Katrina and Rita! I hope this storm just dies out. Tim

I bet...

It's like "Groundhog day" all over again.

Here's the image of Ike. Looks like it's headed in....

AL0908W5.gif

Mike, it looks like Ike changed course alittle, can you repost that site for us? Thanks, Tim

Mike, it looks like Ike changed course alittle, can you repost that site for us? Thanks, Tim

So I'm out driving back and forth to Lowes yesterday and I caught up with the tree trimmers on the main road leading to my house. (The water finally receded enough yesterday.) They were also buzzing about Ike too. And we all talked about the Rita/Katrina similarities.

Here's a pretty good link I picked up somewhere.

Tracking Ike: Hurricane & Tropical Storm Tracking Map by Stormpulse.com - Storm2008.com

This looks like next weekend's "event".

That graphic should update as NOAA updates it. It's from NOAA's website and they often update it.

Here is the direct link http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT09/AL0908W5.gif

It appears that it's been updated today to reflect the intended path to move towards the west towards texas now. You might have to hit a SHIFT-Reload to get it to update on your screen though.

BTW.... I've found the best place I've found to read stuff about tropical storms/hurricanes is the Crown Weather site. It has the most info all compiled on one page.

check out Tropical Weather Information

For Ike specific info, here is the direct link to that

Hurricane Ike

Back
Top Bottom