Check this thing out (S600 Classic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
s600classicmk25.jpg

Who do I have to kill to get one of these over here in the states? Hopefully they will be over here within a year or so but I'm not holding my breath. It's the lovechild of a S600 and a Balanced Adjustable

ZoCrowes255:
s600classicmk25.jpg

Who do I have to kill to get one of these over here in the states? Hopefully they will be over here within a year or so but I'm not holding my breath. It's the lovechild of a S600 and a Balanced Adjustable

Am also looking for one...looks great...:)

This is an old thread, but anybody has experiences to share with that beauty? Any reports on cold waters?

I'm assuming that this reg will outperform the plastic S600 (in cold waters at least)

FrediSub:
I'm assuming that this reg will outperform the plastic S600 (in cold waters at least)

I doubt it as all the changes are cosmetic.

I've read several comments here about chrome plated brass second stages being more suitables for cold waters...

FrediSub:
I've read several comments here about chrome plated brass second stages being more suitables for cold waters...

The S600 Classic second stage is plastic - it has a chrome plated brass front cover and adjustment knob. I have seen a couple and I honestly don’t see much difference between the Classic and my regular S600. The Scubapro UK site does claim an advantage for the Classic in cold water so perhaps my opinion is wrong but I’m pretty skeptical. Anyway, the S600 Classic IS gorgeous.

Vie:
The S600 Classic second stage is plastic - it has a chrome plated brass front cover and adjustment knob. I have seen a couple and I honestly don’t see much difference between the Classic and my regular S600. The Scubapro UK site does claim an advantage for the Classic in cold water so perhaps my opinion is wrong but I’m pretty skeptical.

Ok, I see..., I thought that the differences between a S600 and a S600 Classic were more important

Vie:
Anyway, the S600 Classic IS gorgeous.

And his price! Thanks for your comments!

FrediSub:
Ok, I see..., I thought that the differences between a S600 and a S600 Classic were more important

Well, they are BOTH plastic second stages of the same design (using identiacl MK25 first stage to boot). The Classic has two more metal components but making the adjustment knob and front cover out of metal is hardly going to affect performance for better or worse (unless you are concerned about minute weight increase). Seems to me Scubapro is doing the Apeks ATX200/Black Pearl thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom