Chick Cave Diving President's Day Weekend 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I have to say that if it comes down to Florida vs Mexico, Mexico is going to win . . .

I did have the fun of an all-girls cave diving trip this spring. It was a kick. We got all kinds of strange looks and strange things said to us. One of the local guides asked us, "Are you guys diving? Are you going in the CAVE? Do you have anybody else with you????" It was clear to us that he didn't think it was at all a good idea for four chicks to be cave diving without proper, adult male supervision . . . :) (He was nice and carried my tanks for me, though.)

One of the local guides asked us, "Are you guys diving? Are you going in the CAVE? Do you have anybody else with you????"

I had a similar experience years ago when two friends and I were traveling cross-country together, kayaking -- and camping along the way. I can't tell you how many times we'd be puttering around the campsite when someone would walk by, say Hi, look obviously around (all three of us clearly visible) and then ask "Are you alone?!"

(And they didn't even see us gearing up for kayaking!)

Do you have anybody else with you????" It was clear to us that he didn't think it was at all a good idea for four chicks to be cave diving without proper, adult male supervision . . . :) (He was nice and carried my tanks for me, though.)

You've got to be kidding me? Men carrying tanks for you? What part of the world were you in? In North Florida men think if girls want to cave dive they have to man up and gear up and carry their own tanks for themselves. I have even figured out how to don my drysuit alone by pulling the zipper so far then reaching behind my back and pulling the zipper the rest of the way from the front to the back.

i looked at the dates & we're talking about feb 18 weekend, right? no can do - taking the 5yo (and the 47yo!) to see the mouse for the first time!

Ahhhh. Seems like there are alot of time conflicts. But then getting a bunch of busy Ladys together will always be tough. If anyone has a suggestion for a better time .....

Due to so many timing conflicts this event will be postponed to a later date so that more of those who want to attend will have the opportunity to do so.
Please pm me with any date suggestions you might have. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom