Chocolate Lobster Dive 25Sep04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nay:
I'll also be "salting"
Should be fun!
Are they planning on limiting the number of divers that sign up? I was planning signing up that morning. Do you think there will be a problem waiting until the last minute?:06:

You know, this is my first time working the event so I don't know that much about it. Our dive shop is providing the divers but if you go to the web site you should get some contact info and they should know more than I do. (which is pretty easy!) I do know that you can regiter online however which you might want to look at too.
See you Saturday!

JDog:
Are they planning on limiting the number of divers that sign up? I was planning signing up that morning. Do you think there will be a problem waiting until the last minute?:06:

As Nay said call them 310.5487562. I found out that last year the lobster limit was one however, at the actual day they did not have as many divers as was expected (thus last year you were able to sign up the day of), so they told the divers that the limited was doubled. I am not sure how many divers have signed up this year.

je

It was a blast, I got the usual swag and tossers, (T-shirts, caps, maps, keychains, and stickers), and I won a pair of TUSA Platina fins.

Plus, of course, the chocolate lobster!

SoCalOffshore:
To bad the vis was 12 inches. It was fun anyways

Your mask extends out 12" Wow.

50% of the time at the bottom where I was, the vis was Zero, and by Zero I mean, you couldn't see your hand right in front of your mask.

I also got skunked on the lobster, but I did find the He Man Masters of the Universe Battle Axe toy and won a Dive knife, which turned out to be Titanium.

It was fun meeting up with some Scubaboard people as well, so it was certainly worth the trip, but it was just weird to not be able to see your compass most of the time, and the remaining time, couldn't tell which direction you were going with the compass, because while you could see it, you couldn't read the headings!!

Xanthro

Huh, I had about 2 to 10 the whole dive. There are a couple of tricks I know from past years, that help with the viz, and making sure you get your lobster. :wink:

I was fortunate to find a triangular shaped rock that I used to pull myself along slowly. I never made a single fin kick in one hour. A few divers went past me as if they were in a hurry, leaving brownout conditions in their wake. I had a couple of feet vis at times in the shallow depths (less than 10 feet) but for the majority of my dive I had my nose about two inches from the sand.

Back
Top Bottom