Christmas in PNG! Anyone dive w/Mike Ball?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
Just booked 10day trip w/Mike Ball in Papua New Guinea, Christmas in PNG!! We were going to go to Palau but figured, "25hrs vs. 34hrs on plane what the heck let's suck it up and go." We dove with several Australia locals that really liked them, anyone here dive with them?

Yup! Did it in Oct 04. Outstanding trip. Great diving, beautiful boat and a crew of 12 that takes care of everything.

mjh:
Just booked 10day trip w/Mike Ball in Papua New Guinea, Christmas in PNG!! We were going to go to Palau but figured, "25hrs vs. 34hrs on plane what the heck let's suck it up and go." We dove with several Australia locals that really liked them, anyone here dive with them?

Have you heard of Tufi Resort in PNG?

We thought about a shore op, and Tufi looks just our speed. We went with the "live aboard" because of the 10 day schedule and the great experiance we just had on the Kona Aggressor. I am sure it costs a little more and "traffic" at dive sites is probably not a big issue but there is something to be said for rolling out of bed and into the water.

divebuddy68 I thought we are having a great dive year with Kona Aggressor in Feb, Bonaire in May, Gaudalupe Great White dive in Sept and now PNG in Dec, but you really are doing it right!

mjh:
divebuddy68 I thought we are having a great dive year with Kona Aggressor in Feb, Bonaire in May, Gaudalupe Great White dive in Sept and now PNG in Dec, but you really are doing it right!

mjh, 2005 looks like a great year for you as well. The only problem I see, how do we top 2005? (and not go broke or lose my job)

mjh:
We thought about a shore op, and Tufi looks just our speed. We went with the "live aboard" because of the 10 day schedule and the great experiance we just had on the Kona Aggressor. I am sure it costs a little more and "traffic" at dive sites is probably not a big issue but there is something to be said for rolling out of bed and into the water.

Do you get to good site if you stay at Tufi? It looks chaeper than a live abord and very exotic.

mjh:

May or may not be true, I thought I read that Mike Ball sold his boat in PNG?

divebuddy68:

mjh, 2005 looks like a great year for you as well. The only problem I see, how do we top 2005? (and not go broke or lose my job)[/QUOTE]

How do you top 2005? Go with our groups to Wakatobi - April, 06; Truk/Yap - June,06 and PNG on Mike Ball - October, 06. Check it out at www.mtss.net.

divepix:
mjh, 2005 looks like a great year for you as well. The only problem I see, how do we top 2005? (and not go broke or lose my job)

How do you top 2005? Go with our groups to Wakatobi - April, 06; Truk/Yap - June,06 and PNG on Mike Ball - October, 06. Check it out at www.mtss.net.[/QUOTE]

I looked at your web site, and thought your trip was quire expensive. For 1K more, I'm set to go to PNG as well but the cost includes the Star Dancer,two nights at Walindi, one night at Loloata, two nights in Australia, three nights in Oahu, and all flights. The stays on the liveaboard, and Walindi and Loloata include food. Hmmm, are you researching this? :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom