Christmas Point/The pinnacles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

srgmx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dear community,

I have a dive logged at "The pinnacles" site on Similan #9.

Could "Christmas point" be also referenced as "The pinnacles"?
I was looking on various maps and didn't find "The pinnacles" however when reading many descriptions of famous dive sites, especially at #9, I found that there are pinnacles at the Christmas point so I thought it could be the same site.

Any suggestions?

thanks

I have over 600 dives in the Similans, never heard of Pinnacles in the main islands - only Tachai or Koh Bon.

Probably a good idea to contact your dive operator, they really should know where they are dropping divers.

I have over 600 dives in the Similans, never heard of Pinnacles in the main islands - only Tachai or Koh Bon.

Probably a good idea to contact your dive operator, they really should know where they are dropping divers.
That was nearly 15 years ago :wink: just cleaning up my old log books - going electronic and making a DB of the dive sites I did. Unfortunately I have no contact with the dive guide any more.... only the information I recorded at a time. Based on the dive trip route it seems as Christmas point or the close vicinity.
To give more background - the day before we did a night dive at Ao Guok #8 and this one "the pinnacles" was the first morning dive @ island #9. From there we moved to Ko Bon for early afternoon dive.
I draw a small map which indicates there was a lot of pinnacles / boulders, we kind of dove between them towards the island.

Sounds like North Point/Northern Rocks, round the corner from Christmas Point and often the last dive before going to Koh Bon.

Sounds like North Point/Northern Rocks, round the corner from Christmas Point and often the last dive before going to Koh Bon.
Great! thanks a lot mate. I found the GPS and checked the dive plan - it matches, the dive depth was ~30m which makes sense looking at the map.

North point pinnacle. It's usually done as a first dive or for more experienced divers while the others do North point. It starts at about -20m+ depth.

Back
Top Bottom