Citizen Hyper Aqualand Memory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Are they going to give a trade in on the old docks? "

Wouldn't that be nice! :)

"Lisa that's good news. Meanwhile, you can spend $20 on a serial to USB adapter so you can download your dives on your laptop.
Patrick"

Thanks Patrick. I am not in a big hurry. I think that my diving season is over until after the first of the year. I can download my dives at home since my laptop has an expansion station with a serial port. It would just be really nice to be able to download all of the dives off of the watch. When we were in the keys last month, I ended up using Don's watch for a couple of dives since he was unable to dive because of some tooth problems. Hopefully, Citizen will come through and correct the problem! Thanks again for the info!

lisa4516:
"Are they going to give a trade in on the old docks? "

Wouldn't that be nice! :)

"Lisa that's good news. Meanwhile, you can spend $20 on a serial to USB adapter so you can download your dives on your laptop.
Patrick"

Thanks Patrick. I am not in a big hurry. I think that my diving season is over until after the first of the year. I can download my dives at home since my laptop has an expansion station with a serial port. It would just be really nice to be able to download all of the dives off of the watch. When we were in the keys last month, I ended up using Don's watch for a couple of dives since he was unable to dive because of some tooth problems. Hopefully, Citizen will come through and correct the problem! Thanks again for the info!

In any case, keep me posted because I will want to get one for my watch.

lisa4516:
I spoke with someone from Citizen this afternoon. I wanted to know which adapter I should purchase in order to download onto my laptop since it does not have a serial port. Her response was that Citizen is in the process of developing an adapter and that we should be able to down load ALL of the dives that are stored on the watch. I specificly asked whether we could download all, not just the last 6 hours. She estimated that this adapter would cost around $55 and be on the market by February. She sugggested that I contact the parts department around January. I took my laptop with me on our last dive trip and was not able to download because of the serial port.

I have been giving some thought to the new dock and downloading all dives, I don't see how this is possible with a new dock.
To down load you must go into transmit mode on the watch then down load each dive by scrolling from dive one through twenty, this is where the problem starts. The WATCH will only go back from your last dive for six hours worth of information in the transmit mode, I don't see how a new dock will help if you can-not get the watch to go back further than six hours in the transmit mode.
As far as I can see the dock is only pieces of wire that connect the watch to the computer, other than carrying the information from the watch to the computer it has no other use.
Any input on this from others would be welcome.

Citizen has apparently come uot with a usb communication device which will enable you to connect your watch to a lap top via usb cable. It includes software. I have not spoken with them yet to see about the memory issue. I am going to try and call them later today. http://www.citizenwatch.com/us/frame_noflash.html you can find it under technical support/tech topics
I am interested in hearing more about it

lisa4516:
Citizen has apparently come uot with a usb communication device which will enable you to connect your watch to a lap top via usb cable. It includes software. I have not spoken with them yet to see about the memory issue. I am going to try and call them later today. http://www.citizenwatch.com/us/frame_noflash.html you can find it under technical support/tech topics
I am interested in hearing more about it

Looking at the picture, this is nothing more than a USB / Serial port adapter. You still need your docking station.

As for the previous posts about being able to download more than 6 hours of data. I don't see how a new interface will help you download what has been shifted out of memory for lack of space.

The details (restrictions) of the PLOG/LOG memories are covered in the manual I have, contrary to what another poster complained about.

I remember some people I used to know used a product called Aquaport to download from the watch to their PalmOS handhelds, then later they pass them to the PC.
I think this must be what they used:
http://home.comcast.net/~stevegarriga/html/AquaPort.html

Just a quick question regarding the software . . .
Does anyone else have a problem with the "Custom Color" menu in the panel setting menu?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom