Clarks Hill/Augusta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Nice weather today and even nicer weather tomorrow (mid 70's). We did a dive at E. Dam 96' for total BT of 61 minutes. Water temp was 47 degrees F. Vis shallow was very good 10'+ and still about 6' on the walls. Lots of small fish today. We are diving again tomorrow at 1p.

Another good dive today. We were a little shallower. 75' for 61 minutes. Water temp - Mine said 47, buddy's said 46 (I'll go with mine). We dropped down to the three big rocks (mega small fry here). Up through the pool filters (lots of fish here) to the 40' ledge then down to the angel statue. We then entered the trench and turned south along the 63' wall and then down to the 80' wall. Did not need lights today for the first time in 3 months. Small fish on the log with the dive flag. Then onward to the "missle" (lots of small fish here). Then it was upward to the 3 big rocks (small fry above and below the 3 big rocks). Then it was onward to the plane. The inside of the plane was full of small fry. Then we dove the ledge that is now at about 30' that runs along the dam. then it was a turn upward and back towards shore, past the ski boat and onward to the exit. Nice warm air temps.

Sounds good Andy. Getting a lil colder. I did a couple dive's offshore here Fri. and the water is a lil warmer. One computer said 52* while my other said 49* not sure which one is right but it was good day anyway. The only problem is the hands want stay warm. We're going back out tomarrow, should be another good day.

Salt diving.. OK I'm jealous. Was this a NOAA trip? Had some friends diving out of Myrtle Beach this past weekend. Ok dives Sat, Sunday was big seas and colder temps. Still it is diving... and there is no such thing as a bad day of diving:D

Yea, NOAA is diving alot lately. We did last Fri. (3 dives) and this Tue. (4 dives). I tell you that drysuit is worth its wait in gold. We went down to Gray's Reef on Tuesday to find and replace some sensor's for tracking fish. We got lucky and found/replaced both of them. The sea's were SUPER GREAT. 1/2' or less. You couldn't have asked for a better day.

Back
Top Bottom