Closest caverns to Destin, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAMIE MCG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking at the map from the cave diving website it looks like Madison Blue is the closest. however look at mapquest there's a De Funiak springs anyone familiar with it?
Thanks.

JAMIE MCG:
Looking at the map from the cave diving website it looks like Madison Blue is the closest. however look at mapquest there's a De Funiak springs anyone familiar with it?
Thanks.

Vortex and Morrison are about 60 miles out of Destin. Those would be the closest. 100ish to Jackson Blue.

Madison is about 230 miles from Destin.

JAMIE MCG:
Thanks fella's, Just to confirm Morrison is on Morrison Springs Rd off 181 correct?

Actually, Morrison Springs Road I think runs north of the spring and not to it.

check out this map. You can see Morrison Springs road at the top of the map, and the actuall road that runs to the spring going to the bottom. Maybe they are the same name, but they are about a good block apart in my opinion.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....906305&spn=0.012717,0.014184&z=16&iwloc=addr

Morrison Springs Road deadends at the spring :p Get off the computer and dive some of these sites Mike! :wink: Google isn't always correct.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Morrison Springs Road deadends at the spring :p Get off the computer and dive some of these sites Mike! :wink: Google isn't always correct.

I just wait and watch for a rusty blue Dodge Neon and it leads me to the springs and to a good place to eat afterwards! :D (of course I think now the Neon is dead, so I'm screwed huh?)

I think he still has that little turd, but its not moving under its own power :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
I think he still has that little turd, but its not moving under its own power :)

You should tell him that you know someone that has an old Bronco II with lots of dive-character that he can buy cheap :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom