Club (still Trying)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J1M1

Reaction score
Would Like To Get Some Sort Of Club Going. Need Input From Others That Are Interested. Maryland Area (baltimore And Surrounding Areas) (i Am Based In Towson) It Would Help Lessen The Cost Of Charter Fees, Trips Etc. And Give Me And Others A Chance To Meet Other Divers And Dive With New People, Get Buddies, Meet And Discuss Diving, Etc. Anyone Interested Feel Free To E-mail Me Or Post So We Can Brainstorm...jd Mislak

J.D. MISLAK:
Would Like To Get Some Sort Of Club Going. Need Input From Others That Are Interested. Maryland Area (baltimore And Surrounding Areas) (i Am Based In Towson) It Would Help Lessen The Cost Of Charter Fees, Trips Etc. And Give Me And Others A Chance To Meet Other Divers And Dive With New People, Get Buddies, Meet And Discuss Diving, Etc. Anyone Interested Feel Free To E-mail Me Or Post So We Can Brainstorm...jd Mislak

Would this club be for hard core divers that only think about diving and can't get anything else done. Or would it be geared for " hobby divers"

You are already a part of such a club! Check out the FLorida Conch Divers. We have meet and greats all over our state, and in the name of the "Conch Divers". :D That's the beauty of these regional clubs... you are already a part of one and it is massive. I would suggest that you organise a meet and greet and put it into the "Trips and Happenings" area to advertise it. Get your friends and dive buddies to join us here as well. Why re-invent the wheel?

I'm with Net Doc.
One day I posted in the NC wreck divers forum that I was looking for a buddy to hit a local dive spot. Low and behold, 8 people showed up. We now meet once a month for a dive/get together, have a monthly online chat session and have a trip to Florida all booked for Feb and already have a few charters booked up for Apr. Every-time we get together now we seem to gain more divers (about half from Va).
On a side note, my brother (non diver) lives in Annapolis Md so I may look to hook up with you guys sometime this coming summer as I've never done any diving up that way.
Good luck with it all and if you ever need a buddy in NC, look us up.

Jason

novadiver:
Would this club be for hard core divers that only think about diving and can't get anything else done. Or would it be geared for " hobby divers"

I suppose it could be whatever the group wanted. What do you think? JD

Hi JD,

A group of us have been trying to get something going for the VA/DC/MD area, but most of our people are from the NOVA/DC area which puts the local activities to a considerably driving distance from our fellow divers in the Baltimore area. I am in the Elkridge area, and I would be very interested in organizing something locally.

What about getting together at a restaurant or a Happy Hour so people can meet and get to know each other?. Just to break the ice, and take it from there. We recently had a Happy Hour in NOVA and it was great!!. Just my 2 psi. :)

If I can help on anything, don't hesitate to PM or email me.

Seawitch2:
Hi JD,

A group of us have been trying to get something going for the VA/DC/MD area, but most of our people are from the NOVA/DC area which puts the local activities to a considerably driving distance from our fellow divers in the Baltimore area. I am in the Elkridge area, and I would be very interested in organizing something locally.

What about getting together at a restaurant or a Happy Hour so people can meet and get to know each other?. Just to break the ice, and take it from there. We recently had a Happy Hour in NOVA and it was great!!. Just my 2 psi. :)

If I can help on anything, don't hesitate to PM or email me.

I think that sending an invite out on both here and tds would produce the best results. That way we could all meet and mabye come up with some ideas. I think after christmas would be best for me. how about u?

That sounds good. After Christmas will work better for me too. I'll be in touch, :)

Back
Top Bottom