cmas 3 star instructor validity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have to check with your local federation. Issuing federation decides what the rules are. Usually there is a member fee to be paid yearly. If you do not pay, you cannot issue certification. Do Belarusian federation issue the cards for the students you trained? If yes your qualification is still active.
cmas Belarus they never reply a mail or phone call
and because it's not my home country and I'm not living there it's hard to contact them in other ways ...
but i found that every federation have his own rules and his own way 🤷🏻‍♂️

cmas Belarus they never reply a mail or phone call
and because it's not my home country and I'm not living there it's hard to contact them in other ways ...
but i found that every federation have his own rules and his own way 🤷🏻‍♂️
To be honest, I would recommend you to crossover to another organization like Padi, if you want to travel and work international. Or at least try to cross over to local cmas on the country you are living most of the time.
With cmas it can be tricky, as you found out, there can be very different rules among countries or quality of the service can be very different from the federation. To my knowledge VDST in Germany requires license renewal every 5 years and you have to submit information/evidence about the courses you conducted and so on.
How do you train students? How do you certify them? Normally, your federation will issue the cards, so, if they are not answering the phone, are they in fact issuing the cards for your students? You will start getting into trouble once your students demand their c-cards..

To be honest, I would recommend you to crossover to another organization like Padi, if you want to travel and work international. Or at least try to cross over to local cmas on the country you are living most of the time.
With cmas it can be tricky, as you found out, there can be very different rules among countries or quality of the service can be very different from the federation. To my knowledge VDST in Germany requires license renewal every 5 years and you have to submit information/evidence about the courses you conducted and so on.
How do you train students? How do you certify them? Normally, your federation will issue the cards, so, if they are not answering the phone, are they in fact issuing the cards for your students? You will start getting into trouble once your students demand their c-cards..
I'm already a padi instructor MSDT and PSS instructor and cmas 3 star instructor ..
but my fault with cmas that i make it from the beginning .. 😅
no support no reply, poor materials

Unfortunately, CMAS in Brazil (CBPDS) is a joke

I am a 2* instructor for CMAS as well. Here is no 3* instructor. CMAS is still alive, it is still an agency like the others, but the structure is a little bit different.
You have CMAS and in every country there can be only 1 officially licency. If there are more, they must get permit of the officially licency in that country.
In the Netherlands it is the NOB. In Germany it is the VDST. But in Germany you also have IAC as CMAS certifying agency. But the VDST is the one who agreed that IAC also can certify people with an CMAS IAC card.

CMAS is absolutely not an joke. It is just an agency like the others. But in my country, or in Germany, or in Belgium (NELOS and LIFRAS as they have 'dutch speaking' and 'french speaking' parts of the country) most clubs are member of CMAS. This means if you learn diving, you get a CMAS cert.

But clubs are also very slow, not cheaper than a commercial agency. I do not agree with all rules from cmas in the Netherlands, very strange rules to become instructor trainer for example or to become instructor for some specialties, but it is not outdated. The books are quite new, and every CMAS licencee has its own books, so there can be a difference.
Some advantages of being cmas instructor is that you don't have to do the complete course with a student. You can also sign of only 1 dive. And another does the other dive. At the end all dives must be done.

But if people want to get a cert faster, or want to do technical diving, they must go to other agencies. And because I wanted to be technical dive instructor as well, I did my instructor course with another agancy and later crossed for the club to cmas.

This page lists all the CMAS instructor courses, including the 3* instructor.
but not in every country you can do all courses. It is not in my country.
We don't have cave courses for cmas here, nor trimix courses. So also no instructors. But we have a specialty 'cave diving techniques in open water' for the ones that want to have 'cave' on their cert :wink:

We really only have 2* instructor as max. Here you can find the courses that you can follow from CMAS Netherlands.

CMAS with its national federations is close in structure to the WRSTC/RSTC with their certifying agencies: the top body is not really a place of decision but a place where the members coordinate themselves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom