CoCo View web site domain expired

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim,

The link works for me! Screw visiting the websight, just come on down! I at the resort right now and the diving is great!

Phil

Phil:

We leave 1 AM Saturday May 27. With any luck I'll be wet by 3 PM that day. Let's talk when you get back. Maybe you can drive over to Altadena for a glass of wine a day or two before we leave?

Just checked the link again. You might want to pass this onto the front desk.

Here is what I get:

cocoviewresort.com
RENEW THIS DOMAIN

If you are the current registrant for this domain name* and wish to continue the registration on the domain, you must immediately renew the domain to ensure the name is not deleted from your account.

* Once a domain name has been renewed, it may take up to 48 hours to be reactivated.

BACKORDER THIS DOMAIN

If you are not the current registrant and are interested in getting this domain name, you can submit a backorder through our trusted partner, SnapNames. There is no upfront fee or risk to place a backorder.

Learn More
This domain name expired on 05/10/2006 and is pending renewal or deletion.

Jim, its not your imagination Ive been getting the same thing. I was at CVR last week and this is not helpping with the DTs for the place...Liz

Liz:

I've read all the posts and things about CoCo. What should I bring/expect/think that I would not based on the pre-trip info on the net?

Jim

Look at this: http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv

That will get you to the message board for known CoCo-holics. The resort's website? Looks like somebody neglected to renew the .com thingie for right now.

The CoCoChat Message Board is entirely seperate from the resort's business operations. Some people think they are inter-related, the stand apart and the message board is not controlled or monitored by the resort operation.

Anything you want to know about CCV is on that message board- plus dozens of eager voices that will chime in with any new info. Most of the heavy duty posters are down at CCV right now, so it's a bit quiet on CoCoChat.

What more or other things can you expect?

CCV is a dive resort for divers above all else. It is easy to get 4 a day, I prefer 5 and 6 by adding one and sometimes a second night dive.

The "Front Yard" or house reef is literaly at the foot of your room. Most rooms are out on posts over an active, changing reef. Watch baby Nurse Sharks and Rays feed beneath your porch.

There are very few steps to negotiate. It is all but handicapped accessable.

The boats have holes in the bottoms. Ladders protrude amidships for ease of access when seas get rough. They have dedicated camera tables and no slosh rinse tanks- this is a shooters paradise.

No drift diving to speak of, most all dives are moored.

There is such a volume of information out there on this resort, it would be hard to figure "what else could be said". It is a standard by which you may well measure any other resort and dive op.

Look for the small critters, follow the DM's, they are superb.

LAJim:
With any luck I'll be wet by 3 PM that day.
Don't count on it! I was very disappointed to find out that if you had not been to the resort within the last year, you have to wait until the following day to dive, after their orientation crap. There were a few of us that were expecting to dive the day we arrived but were sadly mistaken. This orientation is like listening to a timeshare speech. People come to try to 'sell' you their tours. Next thing you know, you just wasted an hour hearing something that they could've just provided in a pamphlet in your room.
RoatanMan:
The "Front Yard" or house reef is literaly at the foot of your room. Most rooms are out on posts over an active, changing reef.
They have a nice little wreck in the front yard that is great for night dives. The reef around the area is great for macro pics and their wall is a great way to end a day of diving.

Jim - I know you'll have a great time here.

Phil

Yes, Doc. Thanks for this link. I used to have it saved as a favorite, but preferred to get to it throught the CCV site. That way I had a chance to take a peek at the webcams. Now I am lost (again).

Maybe CoCo will exempt me from this little policy and get me wet the day I arrive so I will say nice things on ScubaBoard. I do very poorly in time share type presentations and even far inland time-sharers try to get me under the water within several minutes to shut me up and stuffing a reg in my mouth does the job just fine. Did I mention that I do very poorly in time-share type presentations? I really am very bad in those situations. Hyatt, for example, has said that if I ever show up for one of their time share type presentations again they would be much happier and sell more product if I was on the bottom of the ocean instead.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom