CoCo View web site domain expired

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LAJim:
Maybe CoCo will exempt me from this little policy and get me wet the day I arrive so I will say nice things on ScubaBoard. I do very poorly in time share type presentations and even far inland time-sharers try to get me under the water within several minutes to shut me up and stuffing a reg in my mouth does the job just fine. Did I mention that I do very poorly in time-share type presentations? I really am very bad in those situations.

Best advice: Don't repeat stuff on the internet until you've seen it through your own eyes. You may be quite pleased and surprised by your own reality.

I've been there maybe 25 times. Do I think it's a waste of time to sit through that after the first time? Sure, but then again, I would have never heard about the "new stuff" being offered to guests.

You'll hear about the Shark Dive, the Dolphin Pester at AKR, the Whitewater Rafting, The all-day trips, what the boat horns mean, what time chow is served, the fact that nudity is discouraged in the dining facility (remember that there are very few hard-set rules, per-se), which "pet birds" to avoid, where to go when you have hurt yourself, how to get off the small private island to go and eat in town, etc, etc. They would rather tell everyone once instead of telling each one 85 times.

The "Orienatation Dive" is quite simply that. It is a guided tour of the Front Yard dive site. Want to get a general idea? Read this http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv?forum=25273 where you'll find "The Front Yard Guides". Once you understand the terrain as well as the man made placed objects including a DC3 Aircraft, and upright intact 140' Tanker Ship (The Prince Albert wreck) all situated in 35-65fsw.

These objects are linked together by other landmarks and things that are as specific and permanent as an anchor chain laid upon the bottom or buoyancy courses. Until you know the landmarks through the orienation, the Front Yard is nowhere near as enjoyable nor is it as safe.

If you are so motivated, there is nothing that will keep you out of the water after the initial verbal orientation (and before the scheduled orienation dive). Who or what is to stop you? CCV doesn't really work that way. They treat you as if you're an adult. You have to decide what adult behavior is.

I'm still getting the "expired" notice. I emptied my cache and relaunched the browser too.

Jim

I'm still not geting it. My recollection is that domain information is distributed around the internet and if this changes it might take it a while to propagate. So we could have an interim situation where some people see it and some are redirected. It seemed that Phil was still getting the page from CoCo when I first reported it was down. If so I should see it soon. I dumped the cache again so I really am being redirected.

Jim

Propogation takes 2 to 3 days:

"What is propagation?
When visitors type your domain name into their Web browsers, their request is referred to a nameserver that indicates the physical location (the IP address) of your domain on the Internet. When your site location changes to a new IP address, or when you deploy a new site with a new domain name, nameservers around the world must be notified of the change. This process of notification is referred to as propagation.

Propagation typically takes 48 to 72 hours. During this time, if you are transferring your domain, some nameservers will still refer to your site’s old location while nameservers that have already been notified of the change will refer to the new location. As a result, visitors accessing your site may be directed to either the old or new location, depending upon which nameserver they connect to.

If some visitors are still being directed to your old site location after 72 hours have elapsed, you should contact your previous Internet Presence Provider and request that they update their DNS and delete your domain from their servers. Once this has been done, and this change has been completely propagated, the transfer to your new location will be complete.

If your site is new, your site may not be recognized by all nameservers until the propagation period has completed.

During the propagation period, you will need to use your Temporary URL to upload files and view your site. You can find your temporary URL by logging in to SiteControl."

Let us know when you can get it again. There is a boardmember in Canada who was delayed also but just got it. I wonder if some ISP's employ a cache to speed things up?

It propagated to my office DNS within the past 10 minutes. CoCo web site is up. Curiously my effort to register with CoCo chat last night has still not resulted in the e-mail that alows me to post to chat. Chat recognizes me when log in and I can "resend" the confirmatory e-mail - but I don't actually receive it.

So an unrelated problem, but at least I can check the cams again.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom