CocoView for the first time - what to bring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will love it! We not only had some really awesome diving but met some pretty incredible people too. And we (me mostly) packed way too much! Should have unpacked at least half of it... Oh well, live and learn.
Pack the little hard candies (Jolly Ranchers) for after your dives, they are really refreshing and everyone on your boat will love you for sharing. (Thanks again Pat!).

I usually only wear my tennis shoes for the flight down, after that I never need them until I come home. 1 set of sandals or flip flops is all I need as far as foot wear goes, and that is only to protect my feet from getting injured, you really don't need any shoes as it is pretty much all sand at CCV I can't over state the need for GOOD bug repellant! you'll get eaten alive if you don't always have it on, no matter which resort you go to. I agree with all the rest of the posters here. bring money.

flatwood:
Bring one good shirt. They usually offer to take you to town one night to have dinner. Oh, and you can take me,lol. Have a good time and enjoy the cocoview, its a great place.
LOL. Well, if you can fit in the tiny bit of suitcase space i'm leaving for souveniers, you're welcome to come. :wink:
Thanks again everyone, for all of your help. I know that i've still got 6 weeks to go, but I'm hoping they'll go quickly, and I want to be as prepared as possible.

diverrick:
I can't over state the need for GOOD bug repellant! you'll get eaten alive if you don't always have it on, no matter which resort you go to.

Cactus Juice works great! They sell it in the gift shop at CCV. It is a bug repellant and sunblock and it doesn't leave you with that ugly, sticky feeling and best of all it keeps you bite free....(some of us anyway...)

The key thing to bring:

An airline ticket that bears a return flight date of 2 weeks later.

Dat'l do it.

Sigh! Mine only says 1 week later. Too bad it's not just a misprint, too, but even that uses up every last drop of vacation time I get. I never understood when I was younger and "grownups" said that the costly part of vacation was the time away from work, not the trip itself, but now that's becomming abundantly clear.
That's ok - I've still got 6 weeks to dream of it, and then time when I get back to plan my next trip! :wink:

saf_25:
Sigh! Mine only says 1 week later. Too bad it's not just a misprint, too, but even that uses up every last drop of vacation time I get. I never understood when I was younger and "grownups" said that the costly part of vacation was the time away from work, not the trip itself, but now that's becomming abundantly clear.
That's ok - I've still got 6 weeks to dream of it, and then time when I get back to plan my next trip! :wink:

Aint that the truth.

I recently went to CCV for two weeks, then "Herself" joined me for week #2.

In the first week while solo, I banged out 5 dives a day, not a problem.

Then, when she arrived for week #2, one night dive and a couple of drop off dives were missed when she said, "Wanna take a nap?"

We're old. Trust me when I say that a nap is a nap. That's not altogether a bad thing!

In one week, you'll get all the diving you want.

Back
Top Bottom