Comercial Beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm free all day. It would probably be better in the morning as it isn't as rough, and the vis will probably be slightly better.

I might be able to go Sunday afternoon...

I think that should work Scuba Jenny, Sunday afternoon. Where would you like to go? Comercial? Today I'm planing on going out with Andrew at 12:30 so I'll try to let you know how it was. Yesterday the vis was about 30ft off the end of the pier and it was great. Dave and I had a good time.

-=ben

It was a great and cheap (no boat) dive. I was really impressed with that first reachable reef (i.e. swim-able from the shore) - based on snorkeling excusrions it was the best reef structure I've seen in South FLA when approached from the beach. Sure, the depth isn't anything to speak of, but the aquatic life was what I went for.
I found it well worth it.

I'm anxious to go again in similar to better conditions and just hang out at the main reef. A good amount of fish and wildlife, plus extended bottom times (less depth) - I don't see much of a downside. (ok, ok, a 7-foot hose and beach sand don't make for a tasty regulator... )

The pier foreman stated he expected to be done, and have the pier open, in three to four months, so divers have a window of time to get back there before the hooks and weights start flying again.

One other remarkable facet of the dive - before the dive, three different divers started up really friendly conversations about diving the pier. That was cool. Based on what they were saying, Ben and I probably had the best dive conditions that have been there in the last month.

I work within 3 miles of the pier until about 2:40 each weekday, so if anyone wants to go again, PM me and get one of these threads going. :cheers:

Best,

Mambo D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom