COMPLETE Olympus E-PL2 Housing/Lighting System for Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have just upgraded my system, and my faithful Olympus E-PL2 system is now for sale. I am listing this as a “package” deal for the next week or so and will then entertain selling it piecemeal. I am going to list the “new” price for each item, then my price for individual items, and then the total for the package so you can see what you are saving. Of course, if you buy the package it will ship in the Pelican case but each item will be carefully and individually wrapped.

This is a complete “do it all” system. It shoots wide angle, general use zoom/macro, and dedicated macro. Video lights are included, as are strobes, tray, handles, ball mounts, ULCS arms, and fiber optic sync cables. All you need is the camera equipment in order to immediately get wet!

Condition of the items varies, with some showing evident wear and others in excellent shape. This will be stated for each item individually.

Some of the photos show the camera and lenses for illustration purposes. The camera equipment is NOT included for sale.

OK, here goes:

ItemAsking“New”
Olympus PT-EP03 housing for E-PL2. Housing is in good shape, shows a few marks on the outside, Has a protector over the area that shows the camera LCD screen. Everything works fine.
350.00 $600.00
1 Sea & Sea YS-01 Strobe, shows some scratches from use. Works fine including excellent optical TTL exposure with the system.300.00$430.00
1 Sea & Sea YS-01 Strobe, as above.300.00$430.00
Watershot dual video light and battery. Each light is 700 lumens. Makes excellent focus light as well and great light for night dives. Battery lasts almost 2 hours on high. These show wear but work fine and are bulletproof to 300’. The lights come with S&S yokes, but I will include UCLS adapters that convert them ball mounts.450.00$1,000.00
Olympus standard port. This is included in the housing price. The port shows some marks and around the edges of the glass, but this does not affect the image. Used this port extensively until I got the Zen ports and then stopped using it. You can use the 9-18mm ultra-wide angle, the 14-54 standard zoom , and the 45mm macro all in this port (not optimal, but they work).
Olympus macro adapter and Olympus 67mm wet mount .6 diopter for standard port. Adapter is in great shape and takes 67mm wet lenses. You can get surprisingly god macro with it. The diopter shows a marks on the glass and lots of wear on the metal parts but it will get you going for ultra-macro with the Zen port.50.0050.00 for adapter. 60.00 for diopter.
Zen 100mm optical glass dome port for 9-18mm zoom. This is truly optimal for ultra-wide and also for the standard zoom. Very good condition.350.00500.00
Zoom gear for 9-18mm and 14-54 mm25.0045.00
Zen glass macro port for Panasonic/Leica 45mm macro. Excellent condition, short port and takes 67mm wet lenses.250.00400.00
Ikelite tray (old style) with handles and ULCS ball adapters. Good condition.80.00100.00 for tray and 48.00 for ULCS adapters
2 ULCS 8” dual ball arms, very good condition.60.0098.00 for both.
2 ULCS 5” arms with ball mount on end and S&S mount on the other.65.00100.00 for both.
2 ULCS triple clamps. They go on the tray handles and hold the video lights and the 8” arms. Very good condition.35.0070.00 for both.
2 ULCS double clamps to connect the 8” and 5” arms. Very good condition.35.0060.00 for both.
Dual optical sync cord from the housing to connect the two strobes100.00200.00
Pelican 1560 rolling case. Carry-on size, padded divides, lid organizer. 190.00225.00 for case, 40.00 for lid organizer
Various goodies: spare 0 rings for housing, flashes, ports. O ring lube, cleaning kit. All included in package price, or for individual items, include for each item as available.
$2,640.00$4,460.00
“Package” Price$2,400.00

Attachments

• Complete system.jpg
    Complete system.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Fully assembled, Front.jpg
    Fully assembled, Front.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Fully assembled, Back.jpg
    Fully assembled, Back.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 79
  • video lights 02.jpg
    video lights 02.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Tray with balls.jpg
    Tray with balls.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Arms and clamps.jpg
    Arms and clamps.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Pelican Case, packed.jpg
    Pelican Case, packed.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Housing with 3 ports, zoom gear and macro adapter + diopter.jpg
    Housing with 3 ports, zoom gear and macro adapter + diopter.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Strobes side view.jpg
    Strobes side view.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 70
Was going to use it for other things on land. However, if you are interested in a true turn key system, I can offer the camera, 14-42, 9-18 and 45 macro. Will include three batteries and two chargers, manual, cables, etc. PM me if you are interested in this and I will send you prices.

This is the last weekend that I will offer the "package" price for the entire system. This is a GREAT deal. Beginnng Monday, if it has not sold, I will sell the individual items for the prices in the listing.

UPDATE ON WHAT IS STILL AVAILABLE:
ItemAsking“New”
SOLD Olympus PT-EP03 housing for E-PL2. Housing is in good shape, shows a few marks on the outside, Has a protector over the area that shows the camera LCD screen. Everything works fine.350.00$600.00
SOLD 1 Sea & Sea YS-01 Strobe, shows some scratches from use. Works fine including excellent optical TTL exposure with the system.300.00$430.00
AVAILABLE 1 Sea & Sea YS-01 Strobe, as above.300.00$430.00
AVAILABLE Watershot dual video light and battery. Each light is 700 lumens. Makes excellent focus light as well and great light for night dives. Battery lasts almost 2 hours on high. These show wear but work fine and are bulletproof to 300’. The lights come with S&S yokes, but I will include UCLS adapters that convert them ball mounts.450.00$1,000.00
Olympus standard port. This is included in the housing price. The port shows some marks and around the edges of the glass, but this does not affect the image. Used this port extensively until I got the Zen ports and then stopped using it. You can use the 9-18mm ultra-wide angle, the 14-54 standard zoom , and the 45mm macro all in this port (not optimal, but they work).
AVAILABLE Olympus macro adapter and Olympus 67mm wet mount .6 diopter for standard port. Adapter is in great shape and takes 67mm wet lenses. You can get surprisingly god macro with it. The diopter shows a marks on the glass and lots of wear on the metal parts but it will get you going for ultra-macro with the Zen port.50.0050.00 for adapter. 60.00 for diopter.
AVAILABLE Zen 100mm optical glass dome port for 9-18mm zoom. This is truly optimal for ultra-wide and also for the standard zoom. Very good condition.350.00500.00
SOLD Zoom gear for 9-18mm and 14-54 mm25.0045.00
AVAILABLE Zen glass macro port for Panasonic/Leica 45mm macro. Excellent condition, short port and takes 67mm wet lenses.250.00400.00
AVAILABLE Ikelite tray (old style) with handles and ULCS ball adapters. Good condition.80.00100.00 for tray and 48.00 for ULCS adapters
SOLD 2 ULCS 8” dual ball arms, very good condition.60.0098.00 for both.AV
SOLD 2 ULCS 5” arms with ball mount on end and S&S mount on the other.65.00100.00 for both.
AVAILABLE 2 ULCS triple clamps. They go on the tray handles and hold the video lights and the 8” arms. Very good condition.35.0070.00 for both.
AVAILABLE 2 ULCS double clamps to connect the 8” and 5” arms. Very good condition.35.0060.00 for both.
SOLD Dual optical sync cord from the housing to connect the two strobes100.00200.00
SOLD Pelican 1560 rolling case. Carry-on size, padded divides, lid organizer.

Strobe arrived today all very well packaged so thanks for that! However the strobe doesn't seem to fire. I'm using the EPL2, the YS-01 is showing red for ready when ON. It's loading the flash (whine noise), and it's clearly picking up it should be firing, as in TTL mode it goes from red, to green when the cameras flash fires and back to red - but their is no output from the flash unit. I have tried this in Both ON and TTL mode. Definitely have the camera flash set correctly, used both optical cable and direct face to face.

I have spoke to Sea & Sea who double checked I'd done everything correctly, they believe it must be faulty as everything shows it should be firing.

---------- Post Merged at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Ok I uploaded a little video, for advice and to show I'm not making it up :)

[video=youtube;Ni01L5oz1Ro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni01L5oz1Ro&feature=plcp[/video]

Andrew, I sent you some suggestions for camera settings, strobe settings and things to check on the cable, in order to check the strobe operation further. As I said in my email, the strobe has been firing fine on my rig for the past year. Please give them a try. If they do not work then we will arrange a return as I do stand behind what I sell. If anyone in the forum has suggestions as to what might be happening, we would like to hear them.

Andrew, perhaps you could post this in the strobes and lighting, or the S&S society, subforums on in the photo area? Might get more feedback there.

Guy

---------- Post Merged on November 16th, 2012 at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was on November 15th, 2012 at 10:35 AM ----------

Return arranged for the strobe.

I am closing the thread as most things have sold. I have opened separate threads for the Watershot Video Lights, the Zen macro port, and the Ikelite tray with UCLS ball adapters.

Thanks to everyone who bought from me!!

Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom