COMPLICATING THE SIMPLE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MARK74

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a small collection of regulators, most of them scubapro, I almost always dive with mk5-mk10 with 109-156, but from time to time I like to rotate and use them all, on Sunday it's the turn of the mk11 -c370 and as octopus a calypso with 22 years (simple record downstream with fewer pieces than a pacifier) immersion from land to 30m, go with c370 and to return I usually use the secondary to use it, well surprise, the calypso breathes the same or better than the c370. My reflection is why add twice as many parts and engineering for the same result? Greetings to all

Welcome… A balanced 2nd stage gets you the three features below. Lighter spring which is nice for storage, less pressure on the soft seat. In theory it’s supposed to last longer. With the lighter spring and balance chamber, you can tune for much lighter Breathing. Then use the knob to adjust your breathing effort in case it dribbles or false triggers do to waves, currents or head position. The flow vein switch. (Pre-dive switch) helps stops free-flows when you first jump into the water. And yes, this is all at the expense of more components and complexity.

- Inhalation Resistance Adjustment Knob
- lighter spring
- Flow Vane Switch

Thank you very much for your contribution, I have the c370 tuned to an opening effort of 1.1 and the calypso to 1.4 and even then I don't notice a difference.
My second stage par excellence is the 109 and 156, as you know their mechanism is simple and efficient and on top of that it breathes better than last generation registers.
What I want to say is that despite adding twice as many parts, cost and complexity, the differences are minimal and sometimes negligible.

Greetings

Yes, correct, but note that I am comparing it with a common regulator downstream such as the calypso with 22 years and many dives, which costs half.
I have from 108 to s600 and IN MY POINT OF VIEW there is no other like the 156 BA, I may be getting old hahaha.
The truth is that the c370 has let me down from the first dive.

Greetings

Yes, correct, but note that I am comparing it with a common regulator downstream such as the calypso with 22 years and many dives, which costs half.
I have from 108 to s600 and IN MY POINT OF VIEW there is no other like the 156 BA, I may be getting old hahaha.
The truth is that the c370 has let me down from the first dive.

Greetings
You need a better tune on the 370, cracking pressure is only part of a good tune. Alternatively sell the 370 and buy 6 more of the old ones.

You need a better tune on the 370, cracking pressure is only part of a good tune. Alternatively sell the 370 and buy 6 more of the old ones.
Yes, I know, I have been a regulator technician for 30 years.
There are technological advances that do not provide what they advertise, when they took out the power steering in the cars I noticed a big difference, with some supposed advances in the regulators, not so much.
And I'm not going to sell it, I'm a Scubapro collector and as such I say what I like and what I don't.

Greetings

Hi Simón, yes, I know it's one of your favorites, I read your post about it and that's partly why I bought it, thanks to you I have the manuals, but whenever you want I'll exchange it for one of those precious G250Vs, by the way I'll follow you waiting for you to come to Spain, you know that here you have a friend and home, a hug and take care.

Hi Simón, yes, I know it's one of your favorites, I read your post about it and that's partly why I bought it, thanks to you I have the manuals, but whenever you want I'll exchange it for one of those precious G250Vs, by the way I'll follow you waiting for you to come to Spain, you know that here you have a friend and home, a hug and take care.
I have no G250Vs but am about to list 6 G250s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom