Compressor system controller (Arduino / ESP32 based)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad it worked easily for you @kaiserb and at least you are now on an open source platform and can customize to your hearts content! If you want to get super tricky with it, you can also set "quiet hours" so the pump will automatically turn itself off 30mins after closing so it doesn't run all night, and various other neat things, and you can still turn it on and off with your phone if you were so inclined :p You may want to adjust timing on the dumps though, probably worth getting a stopwatch out while it opens the purge and then setting the timer to just after the water is clear. You'll still see some spray for most of the duration but 30seconds seems far too long. Bauer has 6secs every 15mins as their compressor default. DFW is pretty hot but not egregiously humid so I'd be surprised if you had to go any longer than 5-6secs

The shop owner was certain that it was 30 sec every 15 min. I was thinking 3 seconds would be more appropriate. It is still a bit of work in progress, so I am sure adjustments will be made.

I did put the dump times and cycles in as variables so it will be an easy adjust

VAR CONSTANT
ACD_Open : INT := 30000; { DE:"Duration of ACD Venting (ms)" }
ACD_Cycle : UDINT := 900000; { DE:"Duration of ACD Vent Cycle (ms)" }
END_VAR

Putting a timeout on it is a great idea. I am sure there will be one day when someone forgets to power things down at the end of the day and the compressor runs all night with a popoff valve spitting every 2 seconds.

I was thinking of putting in a timed loop interrupt after XX minutes of motor run time, to solve this issue and prevent any run on events past the duty cycle

The shop owner was certain that it was 30 sec every 15 min. I was thinking 3 seconds would be more appropriate. It is still a bit of work in progress, so I am sure adjustments will be made.

Putting a timeout on it is a great idea. I am sure there will be one day when someone forgets to power things down at the end of the day and the compressor runs all night with a popoff valve spitting every 2 seconds.

I was thinking of putting in a timed loop interrupt after XX minutes of motor run time, to solve this issue and prevent any run on events past the duty cycle
Bauers ship with 6 seconds which is the standard. I would imagine that the Alkin shipped with the same. Overrunning that is definitely not ideal since you're blowing a lot of gas out.

Regarding the popoff valve, it should never hit that relief valve. Since you have a pressure shutoff switch that should be at your bank pressure which should be well below the relief valve pressures. Once it hits that shutoff it should open the drains and then you can just program it not to restart automatically. Once it gets up to pressure it stops and it won't start again unless you hit start on the screen.

I would definitely put the blackout hours on it, just make sure it is connected to the internet with a time server so it doesn't forget what time it is.

Back
Top Bottom