computer and sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Transmitters are nice to have on recreational dives but for serious penetration they can get damaged and a back-up is always a good idea. When I dive SM I use a mini-guage screwed directly in to the first stage but I can understand why some people would use a 6" or 9" hose.

Transmitters are nice to have on recreational dives but for serious penetration they can get damaged and a back-up is always a good idea. When I dive SM I use a mini-guage screwed directly in to the first stage but I can understand why some people would use a 6" or 9" hose.

Mini gauges are about a hundred times more likely to become useless as a transmitter, IME.

OP you should use two air integrated computers one to each tank. Then you have backup.

Thanks to one and all for your comments very much appreciated The question was not so much about the pro's and con's of computers in sidmount or any other method of diving but about the ability of the computer itself and it's ability to handle gas and cylinder switching (it was my hope that the computer would recognise the fluctuations in presure in each cylinder and change the transmitter display accordingly ) I have since posting the question found the Dive-aholic is on the money,(it's amazing what you find when you read the book ) we need to manually change the transmitter being used , before changing regs (tanks ) Initially we are only going to give it a try in open water to determine if it's something we will continue with

Last edited:
Just for the record we do have several guys doing what you guys are talking about and they have come to the conclusion its not worth the extra task loading! I just leave my VT# in guage mood and do everything else manually

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom