Computerized BCD????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if i can remember correctly it was designed for disabled people they had a large yellow box in there hand and could dial in a depth and the comp would do the rest like a lift/elevator .Saw it on telly so it must be true...

Regards,
MAL..

I love gadgits and new toys, but dang, if your gonna do that, pay someone to ride in a sub, stuff like that takes the diving out of diving.

Yeah.. I reckon all this stab jacket/BP/Wing BC's are for WUSSIES! Give me my Diverite Buddy Gold any day! And I don't need no dang backup second stage either!

But Seriously, you guys complain on the one hand about 'newbies bouncing off the reef' and then when somebody wants to design and market a system that gives strokes the buoyancy of a DIR instructor, you bash it. (without even seeing it I might add)

TX100 once bubbled...
But Seriously, you guys complain on the one hand about 'newbies bouncing off the reef' and then when somebody wants to design and market a system that gives strokes the buoyancy of a DIR instructor, you bash it. (without even seeing it I might add)

IMHO you start asking for trouble when you are relying that heavily on technology. What happens to the new diver who never really mastered the art of buoyancy when the jacket malfunctions 80ft down?

The part about minimizing the damage to the reef would be cool though :D

TX100 once bubbled...

It is not possible to design an automated system to control bouyancy to any degree of accuracy. There are simply too many variables. (Body composition, weighting, exposure protection, salt vs fresh water, etc...)

People should learn bouyancy and not rely on gimmicks. A computerized BC creates multiple failure points and would simply not be safe under any circumstance.

Using such a BC would destroy the idea of keeping things simple and efficient, not to mention kill you.

Can't remember an elec BC but do remember a dodad for one. Check this link out.

http://www.divernet.com/equipment/0102divertests.htm

The AquaPilot GF is intended to take control of your buoyancy - automatically. It's the world's first air-integrated deco-computer, combined with an automatic buoyancy controller

geek

TX100 once bubbled...

But Seriously, you guys complain on the one hand about 'newbies bouncing off the reef' and then when somebody wants to design and market a system that gives strokes the buoyancy of a DIR instructor, you bash it.

Go back and look at some of the arguements about "newbies bouncing off the reef". They all center around poor basic training. The idea is to teach people how to dive before letting them near a reef. This contraption is a "solution" to a problem that shouldn't even exist.

(without even seeing it I might add)

Now do you see why everyone is so hard on it without the need to see if first?

Now a little gadget that would deliver a "mildly painful" shock to any diver who touches the bottom or a reef - that would fix their bouancy problems really fast...

Ack, I must be tired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom