computers & tables: split from ow vs aow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, I caused quite a ruckus didn't I?

Keysdrifter454:
90 for 30, IIRC.

Thank God he had a computer on this particular dive, or he would have been in big trouble.

He said he blew off deco as it was.
I never said I blew off any deco, please don't put words in my mouth. I said "Looking back at the dive, I probably should have stayed down for another 10 minutes". That statement has nothing to do with 'blowing off deco'; for what it's worth my Suunto cleared all obligations at 60 minutes on that dive. We surfaced at 65 minutes. I normally try to spend as much time above 2ATA as I do below 3ATA. I did not meet that objective on this particular dive, and needed another 10 minutes to get there. I wussed out 'cause I was getting cold. Had I still had a deco obligation, I would have stayed down regardless of getting cold.

Again, if I had taken my D3 with me that day instead of my Mosquito, the graph would have looked exactly the same. The fact I was diving a computer that dive did not save me from "big trouble", as you put it. I was never in "big trouble". A "blow & go" from depth is not an option for me, ever.

Jimmie

JeffG:
Well....He was closer to 110 than 120....

so Alex I'll pick --> 120 - (110 - 20) = 30 min allowable
(Max depth that was exceeded by a couple of feet...bad...bad)

:wink:
Yes, the planned max depth was briefly exceeded by two feet. I am a complete and utter failure as a diver, sorry guys.

:wink:

Jimmie

kalvyn:
Wow, I caused quite a ruckus didn't I?

I never said I blew off any deco, please don't put words in my mouth. I said "Looking back at the dive, I probably should have stayed down for another 10 minutes".

Jimmie

That's english for "blowing off deco".

Either you needed the ten minutes or you didn't.

Such a question had never entered my mind.

You post your profiles adversarially, no one asked for them either time.

You jump up on stage, you get to dance, pal.

kalvyn:
Yes, the planned max depth was briefly exceeded by two feet. I am a complete and utter failure as a diver, sorry guys.

Jimmie

Whooooooosh.

MOD.

M O D.

kalvyn:
The fact I was diving a computer that dive did not save me from "big trouble", as you put it.

Jimmie

Bollox.

You exceded NDL by four minutes, and didn't notice till you looked at your (beeping) computer.

"We got four extra minutes runtime by not paying attention to my Sunnto."

Without the computer to tell you, who knows how long you'd have blown it by?

The computer saved your tush, no matter how ungratefull you are.

Keysdrifter454,
Dude, you're just too easy... "It's so shiny and flashy... maybe I should bite it!".

:rolleyes:

Hope you had a good weekend!

Jimmie

I remember , when I got my open water cert, that the exit stratigy for going over the NDL was " If you pass the NDL by no more than five minutes you would have a safety stop of eight minutes, and if pass the NDL by no more than ten minutes you would have a safety stop of 15 minutes or untill you run out of gas. min 12 hour surface interval"

as you can see the NDL can be worked around. But it really bites when your computer just has ER on it.

Training beets a computer everytime. :)

kalvyn:
Keysdrifter454,
Dude, you're just too easy...

Least I'm not cheap.

That light gets a little brighter each time you chip in, eh?

kalvyn:
Hope you had a good weekend!

Jimmie

I always do.

novadiver:
I remember , when I got my open water cert, that the exit stratigy for going over the NDL was " If you pass the NDL by no more than five minutes you would have a safety stop of eight minutes, and if pass the NDL by no more than ten minutes you would have a safety stop of 15 minutes or untill you run out of gas. min 12 hour surface interval"

as you can see the NDL can be worked around. But it really bites when your computer just has ER on it.

Training beets a computer everytime. :)

What depth is that rule good to, I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom