Concatenated Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TC:
Howard will have to provide the definitive answer but a couple of thoughts come to mind.

1. It eliminates thread bumping in the classifieds. (Everywhere actually, but it's most annoying there)
2. Reducing the total number of posts will make the databases & searches faster.
3. If you're the only one posting then sniping a post number is a bit of a dubious achievement at best.

Thanks TC - had not thought about thread bumping in the classifieds.

TC:
1. It eliminates thread bumping in the classifieds. (Everywhere actually, but it's most annoying there)

Why not just limit this "feature" to the classifieds?

With another new "feature" (limiting posts to 140 characters) coming, I can only imagine how weird SB might look -- many many near-empty boxes, with still lots of extraneous info on the left (user name, then a line for moderator status, then number of stars, then another line of status, then the avatar, then "Join date", then "location", then "Number of dives", then "Number of posts", then "number of photos", etc) while there is only a one-liner on the right....

A forum is supposed to be for discussion, not a tweet stream.

Just my humble opinon.

:(

TC:

Are you certain of this? On Friday, using Safari on my iPhone, I witnessed a thread in the HCT (always memorable) get put to the top above more recent posts. This happened twice. Maybe that was a fluke but it caught my eye because I had read this thread.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

with another new "feature" (limiting posts to 140 characters) coming,

a
p
r
i
l

f
o
o
l
s

Never mind...
With another new "feature" (limiting posts to 140 characters) coming, I can only imagine how weird SB might look -- many many near-empty boxes, with still lots of extraneous info on the left (user name, then a line for moderator status, then number of stars, then another line of status, then the avatar, then "Join date", then "location", then "Number of dives", then "Number of posts", then "number of photos", etc) while there is only a one-liner on the right....

Just my humble opinon.

I just saw the pop-up. That just sucks. Screw trip reports or anything else of value if it can't be said in one breath. I am speechless...!
Happy April Fools

Why not just limit this "feature" to the classifieds?

Just my humble opinon.

does he not realize that he types more than 140 characters there? :headscratch:

a
p
r
i
l

f
o
o
l
s

Never mind...

I just saw the pop-up. That just sucks. Screw trip reports or anything else of value if it can't be said in one breath. I am speechless...! Happy April Fools

does he not realize that he types more than 140 characters there? :headscratch:

It's still March 31 here (just finished Earth Hour), but I should have clued in it's already April 1 elsewhere....

What can I say? <==== You're with stupid.

:idk:

As usual...a typical legitimate question, and the "powers" that be, don't respond! Let's see "powers" we complain about the eliminated smileys...we complain about the over moderation...and now there's a complaint about posts morphing into each other...nice "friendly atmosphere" you guys are promoting!

Back
Top Bottom