Confused on what gear to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have purchased the Mares Dragon BCD and I am looking to buy regulator. It's between mk25/250V or MK17/r395. I looked at the reviews and they seem to be the same but the mk25 is environmentally sealed. Any suggestions? On my base the mk25/250v is $360 and the mk17/r395 cost $290.00. I looked online and it seems like the regs on base a discounted compared to off-base

If you think there is any possibility ever of you diving cold water, get the sealed unit. That said, I have a MK10/G250, which I don't think is sealed (I am not sure though) and dive in 40ish degree water without any trouble so far. Better safe than sorry, though, especially if the $70 price delta isn't a big issue for you.

I now have all of my gear. I have a Mares Dragon BCD, Scubapro MK11 r395 reg and everything else. Thanks to everyone who helped me and with quick replies to all my questions. No I am just trying to master buoyancy!!!! Difficult!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom