Congratulations Radinator !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank O:
That's quite an accomplishment, as knowledgeable DIR divers have told me that if you're going to get a bp/wing off an unresponsive diver in the water, you're looking at very possibly needing to cut the shoulder harnesses. I gather that not only you but your gear emerged in one piece? :)

Yes, the gear and I both survived.

The thing was, in the rush of looking for lost gear belonging to another 'victim', and getting everything set up, Jim never got the standard 'here is how my DIR gear works' briefing. He really had to wing it under pressure.

If I ever have to play victim again I'll either wear standard gear or make sure the 'rescuer' knows their way around the rig. I also told Jim afterward 'the knife is right here, if you need it in a real situation.'

Ray

Actually, getting that DIR gear off was a lot easier after I dislocated both of his shoulders.

You just gotta use the proper technique... :D

Back
Top Bottom