Wanted Conshelf 22 First stage w/ Replaceable Orifice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scrane

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Somehow I've developed a collection of Conshelf first stages, but I'm missing the Conshelf 22 First stage w/ Replaceable Orifice. If you have such an animal and are willing to part with it please let me know. Thanks.

Somehow I've developed a collection of Conshelf first stages, but I'm missing the Conshelf 22 First stage w/ Replaceable Orifice. If you have such an animal and are willing to part with it please let me know. Thanks.

The Conshelf 1st stage with the replaceable orifice was a version of the Conshelf SE3.

These are not my auctions and I am not sure which version of the SE3 these are, but here are a couple of Conshelf SE3 listings posted on ebay:

Edit: The Conshelf 22 also had a 1st stage body that had a removable/replaceable orifice.

-Z

Thanks, Zef.
Here I am spamming my own B/S thread!

While poking around I found this interesting catalogue of AL Military and Professional equipment:

Also extensive parts manual for AL:

Yours is the first I've heard of the SE3 having a removable orifice.

I have edited my post above to reflect that a version of the Conshelf 22 also came with a body that had a replaceable orifice.

I have compared the schematics and parts lisy of the replaceable orifice Conshelf 22 and the SE3 1st stages and can't really tell the difference except the bodies have different part numbers...the other parts seem to be the same. I have also checked the ultimate Conshelf reference guide on vintage double hose and can't find any definitive info that differentiates the 2. I thought it might be that one had a 1/2-inch LP port and the other did not, but there is a discussion on Board specifically discussed the ports on the SE3 and what adapter was needed for it, and it was mentioned the SE3 had one 1/2-inch LP port and three 3/8 LP ports, and one HP port...which from my understanding is the same as the Conshelf 22.

Note, there is also a discussion on Scuba Board regarding the Conshelf 22 that mentions there is a version of the 22 with four 3/8 inch LP ports and a version that has one 1/2 inch and three 3/8 inch LP ports.

Wish I knew/would like to know the actual difference between the two.

-Z

Further research indicates that the removable crown (orifice) versions of both the Conshelf 22 and the Conshelf SE3 had one 1/2-inch LP port and three 3/8-inch LP ports.

The non-removable crown version of the Conshelf SE3 also had one 1/2-inch LP port and three 3/8-inch LP ports, while the non-removable crown version of the Conshelf 22 had four 3/8-inch LP ports.

The only differences between the two removable crown versions that I can discern are the pins (diagram #17) and the bodies (diagram #16c).

1694307317009.png
1694308074943.png

I have looked at pictures (via google images) of the 2 models and I don't notice any apparent differences between them.

-Z

Thanks for the info on the port dimensions. The pin support was also different + the o-ring. AL bundled all the replaceable orifice parts (including the case) together under a discrete part number (100312).

Identifying AL first stages is a chore. The model number is not stamped on the case, and at best is a decal on the yoke screw that can be freely swapped between models. Port dimensions, number and location, and case length seem to be the only way to tell for sure.

Reactions: Zef
Thanks for the info on the port dimensions. The pin support was also different + the o-ring. AL bundled all the replaceable orifice parts (including the case) together under a discrete part number (100312).

Identifying AL first stages is a chore. The model number is not stamped on the case, and at best is a decal on the yoke screw that can be freely swapped between models. Port dimensions, number and location, and case length seem to be the only way to tell for sure.
Part # 100312 is the part number for the body replacement/conversion of the fixed crown Conshelf SE3...it includes the o-ring, 1st stage body, removable crown, pin, and pin support.

Part # 100712 is the part number for the body replacement/conversion of the fixed crown Conshelf models 20, 21, and 22...it also included the o-ring, 1st stage body, removable crown, pin, and pin support.

But again, I can't tell what the difference is between the SE3 with the removable crown and the 20/21/22 with the removable crown.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom