Conshelf servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finflipper49

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I am posting this for a friend and newer diver. He bought 3 conshelf regulator sets. One is the Sea3 supreme and the other two ( I believe) are the conshelf 21's. I called the dive shop about having them serviced and adding the enviromental seal kits for the two and they told me they can not add a seal kit and they will always be nonenviromenaly sealed. When I asked about the supreme being changed to the dry enviromental seal, they told me once I have the supreme serviced, it will no longer be enviromentaly sealed. I have the Titan first stage with enviromental kit and I thought they were the same for the conshelfs. Did something change? Or am I just wrong on my thinking? Do they just not do this anymore in hopes of you buying a new reg set? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, I am posting this for a friend and newer diver. He bought 3 conshelf regulator sets. One is the Sea3 supreme and the other two ( I believe) are the conshelf 21's. I called the dive shop about having them serviced and adding the enviromental seal kits for the two and they told me they can not add a seal kit and they will always be nonenviromenaly sealed. When I asked about the supreme being changed to the dry enviromental seal, they told me once I have the supreme serviced, it will no longer be enviromentaly sealed. I have the Titan first stage with enviromental kit and I thought they were the same for the conshelfs. Did something change? Or am I just wrong on my thinking? Do they just not do this anymore in hopes of you buying a new reg set? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know anything about these regulators. I just liked that you managed to use the phrase "supreme being" without making it a religious post! :wink:

I am not familiar with those particular regs, but I looked at a service diagram for the 21 and the environmental kit is similar to every other diaphragm environmental seal. Essentially replacing the endcap with a threaded end that hand another endcap with an extra daiphragm. I wouldn't get my gear serviced by this particular place if they are stating, "once I have the supreme serviced, it will no longer be enviromentaly sealed" That's just plain wrong. Now, getting the parts to make the regs environmentally sealed might be a completely valid situation. Not sure if they are still manufactured or available.

There are a few shops that do mail-in reg servicing. I have not used them, but have heard good things about ScubaToys mail-in reg service. Give them or another shop a call and see what they have to say.

Hi finflipper49,

I recommend re-posting your questions about the Conshelf in the Regulator section of the board. There are lots of knowledgeable folks there who will probably have an accurate answer for you by the end of the day.

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom