Continued VT-3 Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris, should my sampling rate be lower than 30 seconds? What are the pros/cons there?

Chris, still waiting to hear back from you. I looked back at the last 13 dives I've used this computer on and this one is the worse for link loss. Previously it would be only once per dive for the most part and that was during the safety stop. Also, I noticed a few drops on my only night dive with this computer. Any ideas?

Thanks for the PM, Chris.

My LDS replaced my VT-3 yesterday. Going to dive it this weekend and see how it goes. Got a backup mini SPG just in case :) I had heard that was probably a good idea when using hoseless anyway. Thanks again for all the help.

Let us know how things worked out for you.

I dove with my hose mounted gauges for the first few dives with my VT3. Just that much more stuff hanging off the 1st stage. Mini SPG is a good idea. Subtle and out of the way, but you can't see it if it's on your 1st stage.

Got 3 dives in on my new VT-3 this weekend and it worked flawlessly! Zero link losses and zero eradic/false alarms. And I was around way more metal than on my previous dive where I had 29 link losses in 60 minutes. This leads me to believe their might have been a real issue with the first one as it never performed this well.

For what its worth, my first computer had Firmware revision 1C and my new one has 1D. Not sure what changes were there. Also the VT-3 seemed to be dead on with my Dive Rite Mini SPG for those wondering about pressure accuracy.

Thanks to Oceanic for all the great support and products. Unfortunately from the rumor floating around, it looks like I will be replacing my VT-3 with a HUD mask in the future though :)

Is it possible to change the thread topic from "Continued" to "Resolved" VT-3 Issues?

Back
Top Bottom