Question Continuous blending O2, do I really need to 'fly' the O2 valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got it. Thanks @tbone1004 for chiming in with @Tracy’s answer. My mistake was assuming that earlier posters were filling a couple tanks at a time. I laughed when Tracy mentioned using multiple bottles of O2 during a filling session. I get months out of a bottle - haha. And just a little tweaking of the regulator at the very end of the O2 bottle.
Those are the regs for my portable compressor that travels with me for my boat. My home setup is a bit more refined. My portable gas drive machine can run 90 minutes on its 2 gallon gas tank. In that 90 minutes I can go through an entire oxygen bottle and 2.5 bottles of helium.
That is a helium bottle about every 30 minutes. That makes for a lot of futzing around with drifting pressures. A $9 secondary regulator makes it stable for the duration of the tank and makes my life much easier.

You should be an American movie star man
you know where the first guy says the line and then the next guy explains what the first guy said and elaborates

Getting the balancing right

I only have an oxygen welding regulator. The Nitrox output does not vary over a fill. I set and forget, can top up a tank or fill from empty and get same end result. Get within 0.5% every time.

You should be an American movie star man
you know where the first guy says the line and then the next guy explains what the first guy said and elaborates
Isn't that Morgan Freeman's role in movies, to explain the plot that the director somehow lost?

I only have an oxygen welding regulator. The Nitrox output does not vary over a fill. I set and forget, can top up a tank or fill from empty and get same end result. Get within 0.5% every time.

Some better torch regulators are 2 stages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom